Nissan Unveils Brain-to-Vehicle Driving Technology

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Nissan has unveiled a new technology today they call Brain-to-Vehicle and it sounds like a doozy of a technology. BtV will interpret signals from the brain and help the vehicle better predict a movement that the driver would like to initiate - such as pushing the accelerator or hitting the brakes. They expect this to reduce reaction times and improve the safety of the vehicle. Also, the tech will detect whether a driver is comfortable while the car is in autonomous mode and adjust the driving style or configuration on the fly. Overall, this tech is really fascinating and should seriously improve the safety of their vehicles. Yet again, an excellent use of AI.

Other possible uses include adjusting the vehicle’s internal environment, said Dr. Lucian Gheorghe, senior innovation researcher at the Nissan Research Center in Japan, who’s leading the B2V research. For example, the technology can use augmented reality to adjust what the driver sees and create a more relaxing environment.

During autonomous mode people are going to be playing on their phones, don't know how that is going to help. Would be funny if the person plays a racing game and the car starts mimicking the player's game behavior.

Give my mother-in-law that kind of power,........i am afraid for the children.

I get so much road rage and often think. I should fucking hit that motherfucker.. I do not need the car interpreting this as a command to hit some motherfucker. ;)

just how intrusive would this be?
even in the pre-HD era, we have been able to control prosthetics if you hook up the user like in the labs

Yay, more badly implemented electronic crap that will break and result in massive repair bills. You can have my old Honda Accord where everything that matters is still mechanical when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Worse than that.

When a hacker hacks your car, are they going to be able to access your brain too? Uh huh....yeah....I see what is going on there.

Ecery possible nightmare we can have is coming true! If the AI does not KILL US ALL, the robots will, or the hackers will! Dayum!!!!!

<dons tin foil hat>

Back