Nissan Suspends App Downloads Until Hacking Issues Are Fixed

HardOCP News

[H] News
Kudos to Nissan for acting quickly on this matter. The company has apologized and pulled its NissanConnect EV app until it can be fixed. You can see the original story here.

The NissanConnect EV app, which lets Leaf owners access their car’s information and some controls remotely, was the main conduit for the potential unwanted access, and has been made unavailable. I suspect that even for users that have the app downloaded already, the servers the app talks to (which in turn communicates with the cars) have been taken down, at least temporarily.

Quickly? Maybe in response to the blog post from yesterday, sure.

Given that they were made aware of the issue over a month ago I'd say that they didn't have a care in the world until the blog post went up which is simply Nissan trying to look good in the public eye. Bet they wouldn't have done a damn thing if the guy never went public with the details of the attack.

Quickly? Maybe in response to the blog post from yesterday, sure.

Given that they were made aware of the issue over a month ago I'd say that they didn't have a care in the world until the blog post went up which is simply Nissan trying to look good in the public eye. Bet they wouldn't have done a damn thing if the guy never went public with the details of the attack.

Yea, was just going to say, he made Nissan aware of the issue a month ago.

Yea, was just going to say, he made Nissan aware of the issue a month ago.
He probably notified some low level employee who got straight up ignored by middle management. I bet upper management heard about it once it became international news.

Why is this service even still running. It should be shut down until the issue is fixed, tons already have the app and you know the app will be taken off of phones and distributed through other channels.

Back