NIS 2006 Vista

sinbad

Weaksauce
Hi does anyone know how i can get NIS 2006 working with windows vista. I am installing it off a gigabyte driver c and it used to work before on vista but now after reformatting again it says its blocked due to compatabilty errors. does anyone know why it might of used to work but not now and how i can it to work again without paying any money.

Four simple words:

You don't need it.

Vista isn't like any other OS, and such "Internet Security Suite" software packages, bloated bastards of code that they are, simply aren't needed anymore. Norton products will do nothing but hamper, bog down, and simply ruin Vista and any other OS you choose to install them on.

Seriously.

Vista is already giving you warnings about NIS because the damned software simply isn't needed, nor will it do anything above and beyond what Vista itself can already do aside from antivirus software - and Norton fails there too. Get NOD32 or Eset Smart Security (made by the same company) and never look back.

Vista can take care of itself, and when you add software to Vista they will end up clashing at some level or point, and you're going to have problems.

Back