Nintendo Wii woes...

Strykar

Limp Gawd
Waited outside Best Buy for 9 hours last night (from midnight to 9am) and we got our long awaited Wii finally. Friend of mine is getting a "disk read error" and it's sounding jammed whenever he tries to read a disc from the system menu, including my copy of Twilight Princess which loads fine for me.

My system, on the other hand locks up every 5 or so minutes in Twilight Princess... this is rather disheartening. Should I just return it to Best Buy?

If you have any problems at all return it immediately. No sense in keeping a console with some issues when you can easily take it back.

I've heard of that happening and the owner is receiving a new wii and powersupply. I think I read it on kotaku.

Sounds crappy, try to get it replaced. I have yet to see any issues with mine.. Though im sure that doesn't make you feel any better. :eek:

If any company knows how to handle customer service, it's Nintendo. See if you can return it to Best Buy for another. If they're out of Wii's, try calling Nintendo and see if they can replace it for you in a timely manner.

dotK said:
If you have any problems at all return it immediately. No sense in keeping a console with some issues when you can easily take it back.

It's not that easy. Every store in my area is completely out of stock, and I'm going to guess that the same will be true for him.

krameriffic said:
It's not that easy. Every store in my area is completely out of stock, and I'm going to guess that the same will be true for him.
It's better to return it and not have it for a few days or two weeks than to keep a gimp system.

Back