Nintendo Revolution Video

emailthatguy

Limp Gawd
Ok i have NO IDEA if this is real or not. actually its why im posting it at the [H] i know you guys can smell bs from a mile away.

this one i dunno. I know nintendo has done some wacky stuff in the past and contiune to do so, so im actually not sure what to think of this video i just watched.

what do you all think. bs or no?

http://rapidshare.de/files/1741533/Nintendo-ON-Revolution.wmv.html Go to the bottom of the page and click free and then you'll most likely have to wait in line to download it (which should only take around a minute)

Wow, considering how original and innovative that thing is, it's hard to believe it to be real. It could just be a !!!!!! with too much time on its hand, or it could something Nintendo wants to happen.

FZero on that thing would be cool...the music is nice too...kinda reminded me of the music
in the BF2 trailers...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As I kept watching I became more and more convinced. Ask yourselves this, where would a lone nerd get those videos of metroid and mario? Also, the demonstration with all the castles would be very time consuming imo.

If this is real, someone in Japan was just killed...

Great way to intro a console, however that thing does not fit in with the size that has been mentioned.

Actually, the part that is being used, not the base station, does fit the size requirements. I so hope this is real because it truly would be a revolution.

That made me jizz my pants even if it was fake. Everyone remember that patent with all the 3d projection stuff though, kind of fits with the visor idea doesn't it? And that thing was definitely less than an inch thick.

This is a very intriguing video. Here's my reasoning on its legitimacy:

Real:

• Awful lot of trouble to make a fake video
  • Very accurate Mario 64 castle model
  • Mario sequence at end is VERY convincing
  • Assumed large production budget, the quality and complexity of the video is hard to ignore
Fake:

• Nintendo is smarter than trying to market VR again
  • Would they really reference the 128 Marios tech demo?
  • Some segmentation in one rendered 'On' system shot
  • "Make games"? Highly unlikely, this would be bad for game sales IMO
  • Some features of head unit such as environment capture eye are a bit far fetched, especially for a system that I can't imagine costing more than $350, and that's stretching it
  • It seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo to tout a 30 second loading time
  • Why was the Mario 64 castle chosen to texture the Nintendo text? You would think they would choose something more polygon heavy and impressive to repeat thousands of times
Is it an elaborate hoax created by Nintendo or some other party to throw us off or is it the real deal? Only time (and the upcoming E3) will tell.

I think the 30 secs meant the DVD only needed to put in the machine for 30 sec. But i could be wrong

frankly its just to well done to be fake...it would have cost a fortune to fake that (or a whole lot of time)

It wouldnt have cost a dime to make that, providing someone put in enough time. There is some talent there, but I think it is a fake at worst or a "proof of concept" at best. I seriously doubt Nintendo will be releasing ANYTHING that you have to put on your head in order to play. I hope they are smarter than that.

phas3d said:
It wouldnt have cost a dime to make that, providing someone put in enough time. There is some talent there, but I think it is a fake at worst or a "proof of concept" at best. I seriously doubt Nintendo will be releasing ANYTHING that you have to put on your head in order to play. I hope they are smarter than that.
thats what i meant either the person had skills and spent alot of time or someone hired some people with skill to do it

Want to see this, but for some reason I click on free and it just dumps me on a 'wait an hour' page. Anyone else have linkage, or help, or a torrent?

Morphos said:
Want to see this, but for some reason I click on free and it just dumps me on a 'wait an hour' page. Anyone else have linkage, or help, or a torrent?
i only had to wait 1min

Is there a link with the rest of the video? The one from Rapidshare craps out after Mario crosses the bridge. :(

bench261 said:
there's lots of nerds with that kind of free time
nerds with that kinda skill are probably employed so i doubt they do have that much freetime...but alas it is VERY possible that this is fake

ocbaud said:

LOL!!!!!!! that looks like the air filter off my grandmas old buick LOL!!!!!!!!!!!...

that thing is ugly.. i hope that's not it.. anyway.. i'm sure it's not.. isn't it supposed to have wireless controllers anyway?? that's waht nintendo said..

EDIT: just saw the video... jesus.. i'm gonna look alike an idiot playing this thing LOL!!!.. i don't believe it to be honest.. anyway why did it say 2005 revolution????! it's coming out 2006...

But we will know solid facts about it this year so they prolly said Revolution 2005 because it starts here. Either way the Video looks like tooo much trouble to fake it.i mean seriously. And the whole Idea about the mario 64 castle s because the Mario 64 was in it self comsiodered a revolution to plataform gaming. So they probably tryed to symbolize that just like Mario64 was such a big leap over the current way of plataform games, Nintendo Revolution will have the same effect.

If it is real....you know someone is going to mod it to look like a stormtrooper helmet.

Why was the Mario 64 castle chosen to texture the Nintendo text? You would think they would choose something more polygon heavy and impressive to repeat thousands of times

sorry but to me that number looked like 512 million times

not sure but that scene is what like 5 or 10 thousand polys, so that is like 5 billion polys.... sounds good to me

sleepkyng said:
ign said it was fake
If it is fake, it has to have been the one of the most impressive spoofs every.
Also who ever made it put alot of love into it, and has a very good imagination :)

And as for IGN claiming its fake, maybe It was leaked, and its a coverup! :D

Regardless, only time can tell, a few more days.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
... jesus.. i'm gonna look alike an idiot playing this thing LOL!!!..2006...

LOL, yeah...if games became any more interactive then why play them instead of doin the real thing in real life. in that case, fat people need to get in shape to be playing these games

instead of playing street fighter just get a friend and start beatin the shit out of each other..i'd like to see nintendo top that for realism

Jesus christ. That is a mammoth showcase of what nintendo has to offer. Can we get some confirmation please?

Original poster, where'd you get the video?

if this is real.... cs:source would be great, u actually aim with ur body and wen u crouch u crouch in the game. and when u get shot it SHOCKS U! thats would be the ultimate accesory, who needs a rubmle pack? touching is good but feeling is better. lol

ludachaz said:
if this is real.... cs:source would be great, u actually aim with ur body and wen u crouch u crouch in the game. and when u get shot it SHOCKS U! thats would be the ultimate accesory, who needs a rubmle pack? touching is good but feeling is better. lol

they already had that idea a long time ago...i believe it worked with mortal kombat where u put a ring on the floor with sensors and strap a pack on your body that helps u feel the hits...or i could be imagining things, it was a long time ago...either way like i said, just do the real thing

Just to start some debate...

Nintendo Revoltion Day, and the last count of the castles was 512,000,000

Break that down to 5 - 12, Being May 12th.....

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613340p1.html
Was published on May - 12th
In a way it describes what you saw in the video.

A quote from the article
"Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that Revolution would offer Wi-Fi online connections out of the box and would be backward compatible with GameCube, or able to play GCN software."

:D

And I am aware that part of the article in a way disprove the video but its fun to gosip with e3 being sooo close :)

Deadguy said:
sorry but to me that number looked like 512 million times

not sure but that scene is what like 5 or 10 thousand polys, so that is like 5 billion polys.... sounds good to me
Ah, so that's what the 512 million meant on the video. I didn't get that before now. I said thousands because I wasn't sure of the exact number and I always try to ensure that my statements are never flat out wrong, merely stated in a way that is open to interpretation, so that even if I am semantically/technically incorrect I am rarely "wrong". 512 million is "thousands," 512,000 to be exact. :)

An impressive video if nothing else.

But this thing's supposed to read your brain waves or something? Sounds a little too advanced/far-fetched and expensive, though this would definitely be a revolution. But last I heard was that the thing would use controllers with touch screens.

Plus, I wonder how we'd all act out super long jumps in metroid.

BillLeeLee said:
Plus, I wonder how we'd all act out super long jumps in metroid.
Well, thats an add on, its a 50$ Spring. Nothing special just a dangerous Garage Door Spring, and if you buy two, the second one is 50% off!

75$ + Tax and you can do super jumps :0

wasnt one of the nintendo people quoted saying there will NOT be touch screens??

Back