• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ninja Scythe vs. XP90c

Gibthomacas

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
86
I have managed to acquire both of these heatsinks and was wondering on what you guys thought about each one. I have read the reviews, but I am still trying to decide which one to go with. All opinions are welcome.
 
Need more info. Will the Ninja be fanless? What fan will be on the XP-90C?

They're completely different products.
 
if you hav the space, id recommend the ninja bc it can house a 120mm fan which is much quieter than a 92mm that moves the same amount of air and the ninja directly exhausts the heat to your rear fan due to its tower style
 
_Korruption_ said:
Need more info. Will the Ninja be fanless? What fan will be on the XP-90C?

They're completely different products.

ahh..sorry. I haven't really decided on what fans I am going to use. I know I am not going to go fanless on either one bc I want to OC. I just want to know which one would cool better overall. Does the all copper xp 90 really make that big of difference?
 
N H O said:
if you hav the space, id recommend the ninja bc it can house a 120mm fan which is much quieter than a 92mm that moves the same amount of air and the ninja directly exhausts the heat to your rear fan due to its tower style

I do have the space, but will the Ninja help cool the MB at all like the XP90c since it is not pointed down?
 
if you have space for a ninja, then i would definetly rule out the xp-90c.

its heavy, and can only support up to 92mm fans + its just as expensive as hsf's that utilize 120mm fans
the ninja is heavy as well but atleast it uses 120mm fans, and the side fan orientation helps with certain case configs

if I were you, its either the ninja(push pull config) or the si-120
nothing else....
 
Gibthomacas said:
I have managed to acquire both of these heatsinks and was wondering on what you guys thought about each one. I have read the reviews, but I am still trying to decide which one to go with. All opinions are welcome.

The ninja is an awsome heat sink .. it can run in passive mode if you have the right airflow in your case and your cpu ain't too hot or can be put into active mode .. add yourself with a volt modded yate loon or nexus fan for nice silent cooling.
I'm not a big fan of the XP90c due to the fact that the XP-120 is so much better as is the Ninja.
 
Back
Top