Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE

Baker

2[H]4U
I love the demo and am very excited to see this game get released later this month.

EBGames says that its going to be out 6.26.07 ... about 16 days away or 2 weeks ;)

Also it stated this..

This Collectors Edition will be a 2-disc set with special hi-res packaging, a behind the scenes DVD from Team Ninja, and special codes to unlock Ryu and Rachael mission modes.

My question is... will both regular version and the CE version have the extra missions (on Disc?) and only the CE will get the "special codes" or will CE version onlly have these extra missions?

Who knows until it launches, although I'll bet you the same code works on the regular edition. Collectors editions are usually for chumps, IMO.

Who knows until it launches, although I'll bet you the same code works on the regular edition. Collectors editions are usually for chumps, IMO.

How is it for chumps if you are interesting in more about the game?

Speaking as an artist, I love seeing behind the scenes stuff starting from development to the final product, things cut out, art books, cool packaging. I don't think that makes me a chump.

The real question though is....why is this double disc for extras? Why not..oh..have it all one one blu-ray special disc?

Speaking as an artist, I love seeing behind the scenes stuff starting from development to the final product, things cut out, art books, cool packaging. I don't think that makes me a chump.

The real question though is....why is this double disc for extras? Why not..oh..have it all one one blu-ray special disc?

Maybe because if it comes with something like desktop backgrounds or themes they figure most people don't have blu-ray on their pc.

Dunno, but someone on Gfaqs says that the the extra missions are exclusives to the CE, Im not sure if they're right or not but ..... yea...

Hopefully we'll get clarification soon. Usually I don't much care for the extras in "collectors edition" packaging, but it's occasionally worthwhile.

That's why I said "usually" :p

I thought the Collectors Edition for Prey was pretty slick.The art in that game was really awesome and the bonus content was well worth it.

On the other hand, the collector's edition for Perfect Dark Zero sucked ass. The bonus DVD was next to worthless and the case was harder to open than necessary. Similarly, the bonus content in Need For Speed Most Wanted also sucked. Surprise, the cars that were "only" in the CE were actually in the regular game as well.

Maybe I just haven't seen the right collectors edition games, but most of the ones I did seemed like I was spending $10 extra for nothing. Netrat, don't let me piss on your parade, and know I meant you no disrespect. I was just speaking from personal experience there.

Dunno, but someone on Gfaqs says that the the extra missions are exclusives to the CE, Im not sure if they're right or not but ..... yea...

I wonder if they going to release the "extra missions" on PSN for extra $$$ after they stop selling the CE version... ;)

Dunno, I really liked the metal casing for FF12 when I bought the collectors edition. Then again, it was just on sale last week for like $30, but that's like 8 months after it came out anyways...

I don't see why the content wouldn't be on the "standard" disc too; I'm not too familiar with blu-ray manufacturing, but seems like its cheaper to make one disc and then print a percentage of them with a different label/etching & assign different packaging...only one master/gold (blue?) disc.

I wonder if they going to release the "extra missions" on PSN for extra $$$ after they stop selling the CE version... ;)

I don't doubt that but I hope not, that just seems like a stupid way to say **** you to fans and new people.

Then again, I think teh CE version is dumb in the first place so....

So I'm going to have to bumb the codes off someone with the CE version to get the extra missions? :p
It should appear on GameFAQs in about ten minutes the same day the game launches.

I hope one day they will make a game that can do at least up to 8 people online that looks and feels like Ninja Gaiden. I think it would be a lot of fun to be doing some sort of co-op on a massive size city/world/ninja village with tons of ninjas coming at you and your ninjamates. I hate MMO's where everything is like "rolling dice". They need to make something that has the fast pace action like Ninja Gaiden.. :p

I hope one day they will make a game that can do at least up to 8 people online that looks and feels like Ninja Gaiden. I think it would be a lot of fun to be doing some sort of co-op on a massive size city/world/ninja village with tons of ninjas coming at you and your ninjamates. I hate MMO's where everything is like "rolling dice". They need to make something that has the fast pace action like Ninja Gaiden.. :p

Agreed. The thing is, that's pretty much what the shooter crowd is all about.
Hopefully someday we'll more progressive online multiplayer games that aren't just RPG's but are action or adventure style games.
If you look back to online games in the mid 90's (lol...the BBS based ones), it's kind of shocking that we haven't come THAT far since then. Compared to how integrated the internet has become in all of our lives, most online games are still just updates to the same 'ol FPS and RTS genres. MMO's are really the only huge new innovation lately. That's a broad generalization, but it's kind of true.

Agreed. The thing is, that's pretty much what the shooter crowd is all about.
Hopefully someday we'll more progressive online multiplayer games that aren't just RPG's but are action or adventure style games.
If you look back to online games in the mid 90's (lol...the BBS based ones), it's kind of shocking that we haven't come THAT far since then. Compared to how integrated the internet has become in all of our lives, most online games are still just updates to the same 'ol FPS and RTS genres. MMO's are really the only huge new innovation lately. That's a broad generalization, but it's kind of true.

There is a game I really enjoyed that never became big... Rune.. Me and my friends would play a lot of this over LAN.. We like the whole sword/shields thing... but are turned off by "You hit for 37 damage, you received 12 damage, you hit for 62 damage CRITICAL ATTACK"

Rune was almost like a FPS meets RPG where you swing swords at people when you want to swing. You can "pre-fire" swing so that you can time running and swinging. Block with the shield when you wanted or throw your sword / weapon at someone running away with no life. Or when someone lost their arm that held weapons would go ahead and stop and duck and allow the other person to cut off their head. :D

I think Ninja Gaiden's game play is awesome. I just wish they could somehow add a co-op mode... Teaming up against armies of ninjas would be tons of fun.! Or even 1v1 or team deathmatch or something!!!

I agree 100%. Some of the later levels in the game are insanely hard and loaded with enemies, too. I'd compare it to playing Halo on Legendary or Doom 2 on Nightmare.
Playing it with a friend or a lot of friends would be a blast.
I can see how the jumping portions of the game WOULD NOT work in co-op mode...but it would be great to have co-op specific levels or missions.
Having played through the game and knowing the mechanics pretty well...I'd actually say it should be more than feasible to have that.

I agree 100%. Some of the later levels in the game are insanely hard and loaded with enemies, too. I'd compare it to playing Halo on Legendary or Doom 2 on Nightmare.
Playing it with a friend or a lot of friends would be a blast.
I can see how the jumping portions of the game WOULD NOT work in co-op mode...but it would be great to have co-op specific levels or missions.
Having played through the game and knowing the mechanics pretty well...I'd actually say it should be more than feasible to have that.

I was thinking co-op more online instead of 2 people sitting on the coutch together. That way each person has their own screen... and can go and fight in different areas...

I guess I've been playing a lot of FarCry lately... and I'm loving the very large, lush enviroments.... I was just thinking if a Ninja game used the FarCry engine for the world... but all the mechanics are there like Ninja Gaiden.... could be a really fun game online.... I mean if they could do something like WarHawk meets FarCry worlds meets Ninja Gaiden gameplay.... guilds of ninjas vs ninjas....oh man would that be fun :D

Back