Nine Free NIN Tracks

mp3s are 320, they are also available in flac format :)
They seem to be CBR, oddly enough. Greater transparency at lower bit rates is available by means VBR profiles in LAME these days.

I recall the Saul Williams MP3s being -V0, so this is surprising. Not like anyone could likely tell anyway, but I thought it was interesting.

Totally getting the Flac format.
That's what I'm opting for when I can get it to work.

I would be SO happy if I could buy all my music in FLAC and convert as needed. No qualms about paying for it even...just give it to me in the damn format I want, and don't require me to get off my ass or pay for shipping.

Yeah I'm just patiently waiting for the servers to work correctly, meanwhile I picked up a torrent for the MP3's even though I already paid for the FLAC :D

Yeah I'm just patiently waiting for the servers to work correctly, meanwhile I picked up a torrent for the MP3's even though I already paid for the FLAC :D
I may or may not have approached the situation similarly. ;)

I managed to download the flac version at 26kb/sec last night...took all night. Also took me about 2 hours to click through adding to cart and checking out.

I don't even like NiN
Never have
But I love the concept, I bought a copy just to support them and their efforts.
And if I don't like the album, meh its only $5.00 im not cryin about it.

wtf...even the damn torrent is fucked up now. .DS_store error when you try to start it. plus i couldn't even start my $5 download. guess i'm screwed both ways. gg

I don't even like NiN
Never have
But I love the concept, I bought a copy just to support them and their efforts.
And if I don't like the album, meh its only $5.00 im not cryin about it.

QFT. I admire your morals.

wtf...even the damn torrent is fucked up now. .DS_store error when you try to start it. plus i couldn't even start my $5 download. guess i'm screwed both ways. gg

NOTICE: We are experiencing an extremely high volume of traffic and orders right now. We are working nonstop to improve site performance. If you have any problems attempting to order or download, please try again later today. Thanks for your patience.

NOTICE: We are experiencing an extremely high volume of traffic and orders right now. We are working nonstop to improve site performance. If you have any problems attempting to order or download, please try again later today. Thanks for your patience.

oh i saw that. but i dunno wth is going on with the torrent. it shouldn't be getting an error.

odd im not having any issues with the torrent.

783650963rc9.png

happens everytime you try to start it...some at mininova were complaining about it as well.

I'm a huge and I mean huge NIN fan. The old NIN though. Anything past Broken is hit or miss for me. Year Zero I just didn't care for just because it seemed Trent was buying into the whole conspiracy theory concept. Another industrial god did the same, Al Jorgenson (spelling) from Ministry. I kinda lost respect for someone so against the following of what others said only to follow just another crap load of dogma those theorist like to come up with.

i am a huge nin fan too and i have to respectfully disagree.

has ministry been there before? yep.

but i think NiN has always been about the counter culture and darker side of things. I think year zero hits that mark, It's not buying into anything, since the fragile Trent has talked about making albums that make people have to sit, listen, and think. A lot of things in this world are going on that people don't want us to know about, this isn't conspiracy, its just fact.

I think trent is touching on that to make people think. He's a musician so he does it wrapped in an album.

What program are you using to unzip? Use winrar.

it's not unzipping that's the problem. it's downloading. it wont even start because of the error. and i have no problem opening zip files on here so....

fixed it....had to edit a damn file in linux to allow it to download the hidden files. stupid mac users...lol

Fix:
To those people trying to download this on a linux box and getting an error having to do with .DS_Store (not allowed due to security violations), this is caused by hidden files in the torrent (silly mac users). You can download this file using btdownloadcurses if you edit the file btformats.py (probably located at /usr/share/pycentral/python-bittorrent/site-packages/BitTorrent/btformats.py) but you should be able to find the file using locate btformats.py .)

sudo gedit /usr/share/pycentral/python-bittorrent/site-packages/BitTorrent/btformats.py

change the line
reg = compile(r'^[^/\\.~][^/\\]*$')
to
reg = compile(r'^[^/\\.~][^/\\]*$|^\..+$')
This will allow the downloading of hidden files (files which start with a .)
In the future please do not create torrents that have hidden files in them.

i am a huge nin fan too and i have to respectfully disagree.

has ministry been there before? yep.

but i think NiN has always been about the counter culture and darker side of things. I think year zero hits that mark, It's not buying into anything, since the fragile Trent has talked about making albums that make people have to sit, listen, and think. A lot of things in this world are going on that people don't want us to know about, this isn't conspiracy, its just fact.

I think trent is touching on that to make people think. He's a musician so he does it wrapped in an album.

I guess I likes the personal side of NIN versus the "let's preach to you about world events." Hurt had to be one of his best songs ever. I'm all about the personal struggle versus having someone try to feed me things I can see on my own.

The new album might grow on me in time. Capitol G finally grew on me. I love the Fragile (The Wretched)

Straight from www.nin.com

"YES, WE FUCKED UP!
We thought we bought enough beer but too many of you showed up for the party.
We are fixing the Ghosts site right now, I am told it will be back up 100% in a few hours.
In the meantime, you can buy the whole new record at Amazon if you are in the US, or you can get Ghosts I at The Pirate Bay if you know about torrents, or RIGHT HERE directly."

haha

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It is great that at least someone in the music industry sees the potential distribution possibilities in for the internet for torrents. Their site is down, but the torrent is still going strong and I'm sure the Pirate Bay didn't have to prepare for the release at all.

It is great that at least someone in the music industry sees the potential distribution possibilities in for the internet for torrents. Their site is down, but the torrent is still going strong and I'm sure the Pirate Bay didn't have to prepare for the release at all.

i'm still gonna go back and my FLAC copy if i'm still able to. the torrented MP3s will be going on my zune i think. i'm likin the tracks so far. and i'm just a casual fan of NIN i guess. i need to go back and pick up older stuff still. oldest one i have is Downward Spiral.

I played the be patient card.

Ordered my cds for $17 shipped and it took me 20mins to download my FLAC copy.

Now Trent just needs to get back on tour so I can see him live again =(

I went all out for the mega super deadly deluxe package. Ive been a fan since the start and while I usually dislike any of his new albums, they tend to grow on me, and quite quick at that after a couple listens, espcially after he plays them live. Like the other guy said, he needs to go on tour again. Definately been my favorite live shows bar none, even compared to Aerosmith and AC/DC

Back