Nikon Battery Recall

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll get the information to my local photoclub...though I doubt we're sending any batteries in even if they are affected because having a camera out of service for a week to get a replacement battery isn't worth it if the affected battery still works fine... Some people may have spare batteries so it isn't such a big problem, but I can imagine a few people won't be sending batteries in...

Ah but Nikon is nice enough if you have a Credit Card have a new battery sent to you before you send in your battery. As long as you return the replacement fast enough you will not be charged.

Also their might be the potential to get one of the newer higher capacity batteries.

Well, I gave them my credit info and they're sending me a replacement before I send my battery in. I wonder if I'd end up with an EN-EL3e, that thing's rated for 1800 exposures in the D200 per charge.

That's pretty cool. I'll let them know about that so if people do have affected batteries from this recall they can have zero down-time. I didn't know Nikon did that...awesome way to run the program :)

BillLeeLee said:
Well, I gave them my credit info and they're sending me a replacement before I send my battery in. I wonder if I'd end up with an EN-EL3e, that thing's rated for 1800 exposures in the D200 per charge.

Wow! O_O

Lucky SoB. :p

Good information. Too bad my battery isn't one of the affected ones - The upgrade would have been nice.

Guess I'll just have to wait and get a D200 to get my new battery :p

jcthornton said:
Good information. Too bad my battery isn't one of the affected ones - The upgrade would have been nice.

Guess I'll just have to wait and get a D200 to get my new battery :p

Me too. I missed the battery lottery. Just my luck. I must say Nikon doing this recall with only four reported cases, must be applauded.

Well I had two batteries for my D70. The one that came with the camera is one of the listed ones, my spare is not.

My replacement battery will be here tomorrow so I will post back what type they sent me.

Back