Nike's Self-Lacing Shoes Are Here

Hmmm.. Reminds me of 'pumps' or whatever they were called... Tie em loose, slide your foot in and pump air into the tongue with a little air pump on the top.

Has Bernie Sanders promised to give these to everyone for free yet? We can just tax the rich and pay for it.

Have had an infallible pair of Shox for the better part of a decade. Time for a replacement! Half a year late though, imagine the money if they dropped last October...

Has Bernie Sanders promised to give these to everyone for free yet? We can just tax the rich and pay for it.

I think Bernie is insane, but either way don't worry - after we put 45% tariffs on imported goods they will only cost $10,000!

(why do I let myself get dragged into this shit :confused:)

Jesus christ is a thread about self lacing shoes really political after only 3 posts? Damn you presidential election season...

Also, Trump is also throwing out tariff talk left and right, this election is from the twilight zone.

You must be a puppet of Wall Street and the banksters then. Feel the Bern!

nah it's just a clown show and both sides are making asinine comments. Unfortunately it seems the general populace is too stupid to catch on (was shown very early this election season). It's even more unfortunate that supporters of any of the candidates have bought in so much they feel it necessary to post the nonsense everywhere. But those shoes - pretty badass.

Jesus christ is a thread about self lacing shoes really political after only 3 posts? Damn you presidential election season...

Also, Trump is also throwing out tariff talk left and right, this election is from the twilight zone.
This. Although I'm participating it the stupidity. Sorry.

How else can I afford self lacing shoes? Give them to me burnie! Also free health care sounds good too.

I have to have a pair. Im 45 so I watched and loved the Back to the Future movies as well.

How else can I afford self lacing shoes? Give them to me burnie! Also free health care sounds good too.

Wow. Just Wow.

A politician is talking about offering access to things that our parents (and parents' parents) had access to, and we immediately equate that to "get free stuff".

Wow. Just Wow.

A politician is talking about offering access to things that our parents (and parents' parents) had access to, and we immediately equate that to "get free stuff".

Haha I bet you're one of those guys who gets Bernie tattoos, mosts Bernie memes all over Reddit but can't be bothered to show up and vote for him.

Not really, it came out of nowhere. It's not even related, it was just a straight up troll post.

I signed up for Nike+ just to find out how insanely expensive these things are.

Electronics built into a pair of shoes that will most likely fall apart in 6-8 months. I'm in for 2 pairs per year at $500+ :p

Haha I bet you're one of those guys who gets Bernie tattoos, mosts Bernie memes all over Reddit but can't be bothered to show up and vote for him.

I've been on Reddit maybe ten times, seems like it's for people a generation before me. I honestly believe most of us would appreciate it if you go to Fox News or MSNBC and spout your bullshit - you just come off as another one of the douchebags when doing it on a tech site, but they will love you there. And by the way, Bernie is dead to rights. He would need something like 70% of delegates moving forward, which is beyond unrealistic... so why continue with the rhetoric? Time to replace your villain to "the felon" now, and don't forget to riot when true Republicans challenge Trump in July.

Again I apologize to people that come here for tech news, I took the bait. Once in a while it just gets so fucking silly I have to post something. And I've done it twice in two days. Feels kinda foolish taking the bait as I finish typing this.

I'm waiting on self-walking shoes. They will be available shortly after self-driving cars are out in force.

Maybe someday Steve they'll have a self-tightening Bra you can wear too!

I'm waiting on self-walking shoes. They will be available shortly after self-driving cars are out in force.

I had a pair of those as a kid. The little red ones that you had to wind up and then they would walk.
Exactly like the ones in this picture:
red_shoes.jpg

Naturally when it fails, it will clench down like a mofo as the battery explodes ...

Looks interesting -- but does this mean one more thing I'll have to charge up every day? or every few days? This seems like a 2016 take on the Nike "Pump" shoes that were popular when I was in middle school.

I'm not into the whole "shoe culture" - but if you have to sign up to a special nike club just for a shot? no thanks, my $40 asic shoes work just fine.

Also: Are we going to see groups of urban youths shooting and stabbing each other at the local footlocker when these his the street. The last expensive set of nikes I bought 10 years ago (~150 bucks) fell apart after 6 months. Fuck em'

Hmmm.. Reminds me of 'pumps' or whatever they were called... Tie em loose, slide your foot in and pump air into the tongue with a little air pump on the top.
I had a pair of the first Nike Pumps. I got them in 1987 I think, and they were around $150. Those are the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned. I was really surprised my dad agreed to buy them for me.

Looks interesting -- but does this mean one more thing I'll have to charge up every day? or every few days? This seems like a 2016 take on the Nike "Pump" shoes that were popular when I was in middle school.

I'm not into the whole "shoe culture" - but if you have to sign up to a special nike club just for a shot? no thanks, my $40 asic shoes work just fine.

Also: Are we going to see groups of urban youths shooting and stabbing each other at the local footlocker when these his the street. The last expensive set of nikes I bought 10 years ago (~150 bucks) fell apart after 6 months. Fuck em'
they should be self charging, they light up when you walk and when they get to certain charge level, they stop lighting up and start charging with each step.

I think these would be great for looking cool, going to work or whatever, but I am not really sold on them for sports. I like a different level of pressure on my feet when I play soccer. I usually make the top of the foot much tighter by really cranking on the individual laces then the lower part. I would not like the same pressure on the top and bottom of my foot.

Also, Nike's toe box is small and the foam for the arch support breaks down really quick - not good for my large flat feet :)

I had a pair of the first Nike Pumps. I got them in 1987 I think, and they were around $150. Those are the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned. I was really surprised my dad agreed to buy them for me.

I buy expensive work boots. They are usually worth the extra $$$

Self lacing shoes for my robot that will go to work for me, I can't wait!!

.... Those look like toys to me. The only time I ever saw any shoes with lights in them being considered "cool" was when I was a child. Those look tacky as hell thanks to those stupid light blue lights.

Maybe it's just me though. I don't like ostentatious wear. I like subdued, simple colors (brown and such). I feel like I was born in the wrong generation sometimes. I just can't keep up with all of the fashion stuff everyone else is obsessed with. =\

I had a pair of the Muggsy Bogues Reebok Pump Omni's, my dad was SO mad my mom bought them for me. But everyone else was into basketball and I was the nerdy kid who played video games on a Tandy 1000 and read to much...so she wanted me to be cooool. Yeah, they freaking blew up like a week later when I pumped them up to much =( Cheap crap! Then the soles fell apart, and I had to keep wearing them because they were like 150$. I should have traded them for that MJ rookie card..

I buy expensive work boots. They are usually worth the extra $$$

With hunting boots, you CANNOT go cheap. Otherwise your feet are going to kill you and leak. I learned the hard way. Thought a pair of Danner Pronghorns would do the trick, after the 3rd pair I made Danner give me a pair of Hawks. Those are American made and over 300$, now that's a boot!

Amazon.com: Rockport Men's Encounter Walking Shoe: Shoes
Rockport Men's CT 2 Stripe Oxford | Amazon.com

These are the shoes I'm using right now. Family member got them for me in December 2014, after remarking that my current shoes were falling apart. For the price, they work and feel great. Nice leather, and fairly durable. Considering I walk for an hour every single day, they've held up fine. Hell of a lot better than that expensive, tacky BS that Foot Solutions tries to shove down my throat. =\

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am a full grown adult and I am not ashamed to say I want a pair of these. I'm not sure if it's because I grew up on the Back to the Future movies or what, but I really would get a pair or these. :D
But I want a bow. I really expected it to be some sort of memory metal alloy woven into the lace, that really ties into a nice bow.

I think Bernie is insane, but either way don't worry - after we put 45% tariffs on imported goods they will only cost $10,000!

(why do I let myself get dragged into this shit :confused:)

Nike is an American company based in Beaverton, Oregon and while many people think that's a foreign country, it's not.

Let me know when nike manages to make a shoe that lasts more than 2 months and ill get interested. Until then i will stick to my asics and brooks.

On a side note wtf is with the political garbage. Should be banned on the damn spot IMO.

Reactions: QES
like this
Back