• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Nightly Backups

Lugztaz

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
1,783
Right now I have two internal 500 gig drives and two external 640gig drives. I want to use the externals as backups for the two internal drives. I want something simple and automated. I don't need versions or anything. What would be the recommended software?
 
I like Cobian. But I only do weekly backups, but it can be scheduled to do whatever, lots of options.
 
Awesome, taking a run at the program now. Seems to be doing what I want. Thanks! :)
 
Ok, so I can't seem to find the option if there is even one.

Using Cobian, I want to do a MIRROR copy of one drive to another...I want G: to H: but it keeps doing G to H:/G

Is there anything else out there where I can do this with the simplicity of Cobian?
 
that is a good question. although you can try to make a backup copy of your os into an iso and put it on the hard drive which is just a guess in my case. could try that but now what program can do that?
 
BootIt is simple, it is backup-image-before-boot though (shareware). I've
used it for years. It has restored the OS once or twice. (Bsd for certain,
windows maybe)
 
Back
Top