Nigerian Scammer Infects Himself With Malware

HardOCP News

[H] News
The award for stupid criminal of the day goes to this moron for accidentally infecting his own computer with malware. Seriously, you can't make stuff like this up. Thanks to acegoober for the link to the laugh. :D

They managed to trace the keylogger back to a group of Nigerian scammers with more than 30 members who’ve used wire-wire to bilk some $3 million out of businesses a year. The group might still be at it today, were it not for the convenient fact that one prominent member shot himself in the foot and accidentally infected himself with his own malware. Thanks to that “D’oh!” move, his infected system was uploading screenshots and keystroke logs to an open directory on a web server.

Yeah.. Not that I would weep for scammers getting caught, but I am sure Nigeria has plenty of problems.. call me crazy for some reason, these criminals get some points in my book for creativity and probably hard work.
I guess in my mind they rank above drug dealers so to speak :bored:

Yeah.. Not that I would weep for scammers getting caught, but I am sure Nigeria has plenty of problems.. call me crazy for some reason, these criminals get some points in my book for creativity and probably hard work.
I guess in my mind they rank above drug dealers so to speak :bored:

Hey, drug dealers are creative and work hard too! Plus they at least provide a service to people.

I like the derpy comments that we should all keep quiet about the Nigerian scams because they get so much bad press.
And the one comment about we shouldn't assume it was Nigerians.... even though it was Nigerians. :rolleyes:

Hey, here's an idea...... Nigerians should stop doing bad things if they don't like the bad press.

3 million per year? I'm sorry but if you fall for a poorly written email riddled with spelling and grammatical errors you fucking deserve to lose every penny you gave them. I mean jesus christ.

call me crazy for some reason, these criminals get some points in my book for creativity and probably hard work.
You know who gave them these ideas? We did.

Scammers in Nigeria operate in organized crime rings, where the majority have no clue what they are doing and just follow instructions of the handful that are educated. The few that run everything are almost always educated for free in Europe and the United States as children based on Western charity, and then use the knowledge they have gained abroad of Western culture and desire to be charitable to exploit weakness, particularly in the elderly.

So usually you have Nigerians that were given opportunities by compassionate altruistic Westerners, and rather than use that combined with hard work to improve their country, only perceive that foreign kindness as weakness to take advantage of. So they start by recruiting fellow countrymen into crime rings, and then use that charitable gift to exploit the nicest elderly in our society that are susceptible due to loneliness and reduced mental faculties due to age and so forth to fall for these tricks. No props are deserved, as its quite disgusting.

And to say, "Well, grandma Rose shouldn't be so gullible and nice to strangers", cmon, if she's 83 years old with kids that rarely visit her and a husband of 40 years that died and is just trying to make the world a better place by helping people that ask her for charity, she's not the one we should be condemning, but rather those that have betrayed us and attack our feeble that deserve to be protected.

I almost read
"Nigerian scammer infects himself with AIDS"

that would have been a whole lot better.

Back