- Joined
- Jul 11, 2001
- Messages
- 12,829
Is anyone familiar with these fans? They are 92 x 92 x 38mm ball bearing fans that I got basically for free. Specific model is M35105-57.
The first thing I noticed was the listed power draw of 1.8A which is insane for a 92mm fan. For comparison, my old 119CFM Vantec Tornado, also a 92x92x38mm fan, only listed 1.0A as it's power consumption. When I plugged the Nidec in however (just using an old external drive enclosure that I use to test fans now) it was actually quite quiet, much moreso than my Vantec Tornado. The Nidec also blew much less air compared to the Vantec.
I notice that these Nidec fans have thermal sensors which I guess is automatically controlling the fan speed. Only issue is that I can't seem to find any info anywhere as to what temperatures corespond to what fan speeds when using this fan. Any ideas? I am really curious at what temps it starts to get loud, or does that only happen when temps reach the equivilent of the inside of a parked car on a 100F+ day?
The first thing I noticed was the listed power draw of 1.8A which is insane for a 92mm fan. For comparison, my old 119CFM Vantec Tornado, also a 92x92x38mm fan, only listed 1.0A as it's power consumption. When I plugged the Nidec in however (just using an old external drive enclosure that I use to test fans now) it was actually quite quiet, much moreso than my Vantec Tornado. The Nidec also blew much less air compared to the Vantec.
I notice that these Nidec fans have thermal sensors which I guess is automatically controlling the fan speed. Only issue is that I can't seem to find any info anywhere as to what temperatures corespond to what fan speeds when using this fan. Any ideas? I am really curious at what temps it starts to get loud, or does that only happen when temps reach the equivilent of the inside of a parked car on a 100F+ day?