nice looking 4 or 5U rack case needed

Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
21
So I have been looking around for AGES to find a nice PRO looking rack server case. I have always loved the design of SUN Microsystems servers but also Intel, HP and IBM. They just look the part, feel solid and are nice to work with.

All I have found are some flimsy plastic and or metal chassis that don't even come close to the look or feel of a true PRO server.

I am buying a Norco 4220 case for my NAS build and it looks ok for the money I guess. But for my workstation I don't need a lot of hot swap cages etc. It is basically a regular homebuilt computer. It has 4x SSD, 4x 2,5" SAS drives, and 4x 3,5" SATA for storage. A regular ATX motherboard, Nvidia Quadro FX3700 graphics card. So nothing super advanced.

I almost bought a Intel server chassis SC5300BPR but after much google:ing I found out they only work with intel's own serverboards due to some damn ribbon cable and I really don't want to start modifying that unless I KNOW it can be done beforehand.

So can ANYONE show me some good looking rack mount server cases? look at the Sun fire x4100 or x4600 for inspiration :)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah I don't think it will work all that good, modifying an V440. I would basically need to re manufacture the whole inside of the case. And I really need at least 4U height to fit my large CPU cooler. (the rack is in the living room and I can't have it loud as hell with low profile CPU coolers and high speed fans.
 
Back
Top