• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nice Antec P180 review

Nice! I love how they split the cooling between the power supply and the rest of the case. I am also a big fan of minimalistic so this case looks sweet to me. Too bad I am not in the market for a case :(.
 
Great that this review came out! I've been looking for a "quiet" case for a while. I've been watching this Antec 180 and am struggling between this case and the Nexus Breeze.

Anyone want to compare the two or locate a review of the Breeze?

This will be for an HTPC setup and I, too, am a subscriber to the "minimalist" PC case.
 
Doesn't look like a window would look any good if the black duct thing is in there. It blocks the whole back side.
 
Would you really want an acrylic window in a "silent" case? I don't know the real physics for sound transmission through acrylic compared to the original side panel, but I'd think it'd let a *little* more sound out. Am I wrong here?
 
All I can say is wow. I definatly want this case. I like my wave master but I find it to small and not enough cooling potential. Cant wait to get this case. My only worry is if my powersupply cables will be long enough. This case looks like it has good cooling potential and keeps the noise down at the same time.

Howevor is is possible that hot air is going to get caught up in the bottem cage with the PSU?
 
The Nexus sucks in my opinion. Problem is it uses those shitty standoffs that bend if you put a screw threw them. Next problem is that dissassembly bites. That crap where you take the front off and pull the sides off doesn't cut it these days. The drive bay is oriented all wrong and also has the drive bays too close to the motherboard tray. There are ALOT better cases than this. Other than the cooling system, which I admit is unique, there is nothing special about this case. It's subpar and unspectacular. "Ultimate Case" my ass.

The Antec is pretty sweet, although the innards are a little cluttered for my taste. I do like the exterior look. Except for the fan thing at the top rear of the case. I could do without that.

If your looking for a well designed case I highly suggest the Cooler Master Stacker. Although I hate the round vent on the side, there is a Windowed side that is available for it as a seperate purchase.
 
My question is, is the interior on the P180 gonna be aluminum? The pix looks like it's made from steel, at least to me. ?
 
A cooling concern i read about with the p180 is that because the psu is on the bottom with the intake for the duct right above it, there would essentially be warm psu air being sucked over the cpu.

And I would think the interior is aluminum since the exterior is aluminum+plastic layered.
 
p160, p180 is bit too big for me.. looks good tho. they said "Every case, every power supply, was brand new. Actually, they were newer than new; they were pre-production models." but the psu in the p180 looks like standard phantom to me..

i like the smaller black case on the background (68.jpg, 70.jpg) with silver panel, blue led front panel.. could it be superlanboy 2?
 
are over sized power supplies going to be a problem? The fan looks like its really close to the power supply. I realize the phanton is larger then average but the cables still look tight in there. If I got this case I wouldnt be comfortable unless I put a fan grill their.
 
templarknightx said:
Doesn't look like a window would look any good if the black duct thing is in there. It blocks the whole back side.

I'd just remove the duct. I mean, with 3x120mm fans running in that area (back, top & optional front) I wouldn't exaclty be worried about airflow. Just put the window over the mobo area and it would look pretty clean.

http://www.thetechlounge.com/image.php?img_url=articles/ces_05_antec/images/81.jpg

As for sound, my Super Lanboy has a window and is still very quiet. So maybe the window "only" makes the case Real Real Quiet instead of Ultra Mega Quiet. Big deal. :)
 
Chaballaman said:
...

i like the smaller black case on the background (68.jpg, 70.jpg) with silver panel, blue led front panel.. could it be superlanboy 2?

BK640 MicroBTX
 
That.......is.......so.......coool!!!! :eek: I must have one!!!!! I wonder if there is enough room for my Antec NeoPower to fit in there?
 
Between this case and the impending release of Venice-core 64's, I've decided to put off my new system for another month...this is, to me, the most perfect looking-featured case I think I've ever seen---
 
I too am waiting on this case. It looks as though it would be a good case for water cooling options as well.
 
I started looking at the other parts of the article, and I must say I really like what they did with the TX Performance series, esp. the full tower. That also seems to solve the problem of putting in a window. Just my opinion, of course.
 
Back
Top