I know some of you have done it, and I'm looking for a guide, or some instruction. I have 2 internet connections ATT DSL 6MBPS and Charter Cable 10MBPS. I am looking to BOND/NIC Team my two Gigabit ethernet connections on 1 Windows XP Pro SP2 Machine.
I'm not really wanting to purchase a $500 router to get to WAN ports for this purpose since it can be done, I just do not know 100% how to do it.
My setup:
-Motorola Speedstream Cable Modem plugs into Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router (currently DD-WRT flashed firmware), IP of router 192.168.1.1 subnet 255.255.255.0
-2Wire Wireless Gateway IP: 192.168.1.254 subnet 255.255.255.0
I currently have both connections plugged in and the two connections are setup in a Bridge on my PC, I can type both gateway IP addresses in, a short delay from typing in the IP address(assuming theres a delay since its jumping networks) and I can access both the 2wire and the Linksys router. I think I'm close I just need to know how to go about setting up Load Balancing for the two NIC cards. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not really wanting to purchase a $500 router to get to WAN ports for this purpose since it can be done, I just do not know 100% how to do it.
My setup:
-Motorola Speedstream Cable Modem plugs into Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router (currently DD-WRT flashed firmware), IP of router 192.168.1.1 subnet 255.255.255.0
-2Wire Wireless Gateway IP: 192.168.1.254 subnet 255.255.255.0
I currently have both connections plugged in and the two connections are setup in a Bridge on my PC, I can type both gateway IP addresses in, a short delay from typing in the IP address(assuming theres a delay since its jumping networks) and I can access both the 2wire and the Linksys router. I think I'm close I just need to know how to go about setting up Load Balancing for the two NIC cards. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.