• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NIC died on DS214+

amrogers3

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
664
Anyone replace their NIC on a DS214+ device? My NIC died last night and I need to replace it but I dont know what part to buy.

I looked up compatibility parts on Synology's website but there wasn't any NICs listed for the DS214+.

I bought this NAS about 8-9 years ago and it has been running rock solid up until today.
 
According to all info I can find, the NIC is on the main logic board and is not replaceable like a slotted network card would be.

Assuming the network chip blew up, it could be replaced if a suitable chip were found. It'd require some surface mount reworking obviously though. I can't find any clear pictures of the logic board, so it's hard to know what network chip was used.
 
I tried but couldn't find any info on the NIC and how it was connected on the device. Guess that is why I didn't see any videos on people replacing their NIC.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like this is going to be a send back to dealer for repair type of situation.

Thanks again for the info Gig 👍
 
If you can take a high resolution shot of the logic board, I can see if I can find the chip. Might be repairable.

I don't think it'd still have a warranty after 8 or 9 years? That'd be some amazing warranty service if you have it.
 
Back
Top