Hey Guys,
I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on this. I tried installing the above cooler on my build and every time I'm running I get a Machine_Check_Exception BSOD error.
My specs:
- i7-2600k stock
- Asus p8p67 (deluxe - I have the NM-13 mounting kit)
- 16gb corsair memory (tested with memtest86+ 4.20) all passed
- Crucial M4 128gb
- GTX 670 (stock)
- FT02 case
Random information:
First time installing it i was getting cold boot and low rpm cpu issues, fixed it by updating bios and disabling q-fan in bios.
I then proceeded to install a clean copy of windows 7 x64, it crashes when it begins to expand files. Rebooted and tried again and it installed.
Since the installation I have continued to get Machine_Check_Exception.
I have 4 sticks of 4 gb, I decided to run prime95 to test for stability with the new cooler.
I have unplugged the y-cable and plugged each fan in one cpu plug and the other on a chassis plug (still crashes)
I tried using an old scythe fan SFF-21E, thinking that the included fans were faulty, still crashed.
I have gone back and forth between my old Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 and the new NH-D14 cooler, every time the NH-D14 is installed I get BSOD within 2 hours or less of use. I played BF3 campaign for an hour no issues stopped and surfed the internet then it crashes
Finally, prior to all of this I was using a Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 with the SFF-21E, it was overclocked to 4.6 and had no instability issues at all
I know the post is long but I wanted to provide as much info as I can. I can no longer return this as I have passed my 7 day window (I was waiting for the mounting kit). Is it me or is it really possible that a cooler is causing my computer to crash? It just unheard of (unless its not seated properly) which it is in case your wondering
I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on this. I tried installing the above cooler on my build and every time I'm running I get a Machine_Check_Exception BSOD error.
My specs:
- i7-2600k stock
- Asus p8p67 (deluxe - I have the NM-13 mounting kit)
- 16gb corsair memory (tested with memtest86+ 4.20) all passed
- Crucial M4 128gb
- GTX 670 (stock)
- FT02 case
Random information:
First time installing it i was getting cold boot and low rpm cpu issues, fixed it by updating bios and disabling q-fan in bios.
I then proceeded to install a clean copy of windows 7 x64, it crashes when it begins to expand files. Rebooted and tried again and it installed.
Since the installation I have continued to get Machine_Check_Exception.
I have 4 sticks of 4 gb, I decided to run prime95 to test for stability with the new cooler.
-8 hours on a set of 2 of the 4 sticks of memory no crashes
-6 hours on the other set
I have unplugged the y-cable and plugged each fan in one cpu plug and the other on a chassis plug (still crashes)
I tried using an old scythe fan SFF-21E, thinking that the included fans were faulty, still crashed.
I have gone back and forth between my old Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 and the new NH-D14 cooler, every time the NH-D14 is installed I get BSOD within 2 hours or less of use. I played BF3 campaign for an hour no issues stopped and surfed the internet then it crashes
Finally, prior to all of this I was using a Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 with the SFF-21E, it was overclocked to 4.6 and had no instability issues at all
I know the post is long but I wanted to provide as much info as I can. I can no longer return this as I have passed my 7 day window (I was waiting for the mounting kit). Is it me or is it really possible that a cooler is causing my computer to crash? It just unheard of (unless its not seated properly) which it is in case your wondering