NGFF M2 SSD Availability/Insight ?

drklu

2[H]4U
I'm planning on a M-ITX build with an Asus Impact motherboard but have heard little in regards to the NGFF SSD's they support. I found this http://www.thinkcomputers.org/tag/ngff-m-2/ but was wondering if any [H] members had any details or insight on specific models. I just wan't something to max out the throughput for the mPCIe Combo II card that I will install the NGFF SSD in.

Thanks in advance for the insight !

I am also wondering the same thing, and wondering where all these M.2 SSDs are at...

I am also wondering the same thing, and wondering where all these M.2 SSDs are at...

Yeah seriously, though I did find out we will not be getting any better throughput going with the M2 SSD on the impact. Though I would still like a M.2 ssd for the simple fact of no cabling required :)

The m.2 on all z87 rog motherboards are crippled by asus implementation of it, using PCIe 2.0 lane, the performance you going to get is very close to sata III, check asus rog forums. The only reason that I see worth it is for a small build that you don't have space for a 2.5 ssd.

The m.2 on all z87 rog motherboards are crippled by asus implementation of it, using PCIe 2.0 lane, the performance you going to get is very close to sata III, check asus rog forums. The only reason that I see worth it is for a small build that you don't have space for a 2.5 ssd.

Yeah I was disappointing when I heard that. I pretty much wanted one so it's as low-pro of a build as possible.

If there isn't a major price gouge on it, it'll be worth it. I would love a diskless M1, sooo clean.

Back