NFTS Difficulties - Help?

Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
2
First post here but I have been lurking for a while now.

My issue is with the NFTS format on a hard drive. I currently have a 40 gig that is partitioned in half with the first partition in NFTS and holds my OS... the second partition is FAT32 ... I made the second FAT32 because when I would reformat and reload omy OS (Win XP Home), Windows would no longer let me access the files on the second partition... I could see them but could do nothing with them. Now its full and I bought a new 160 gig drive that I want to slave however for some reason I can only get it to format as NFTS.... soooo, what am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't I be able to access files on a NFTS drive even after reformating and installing a fresh OS load? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Ok fair enough.... but why am I having a problem accessing files from a NTFS partition (D: drive) when I do a system wipe on the C: drive and reinstall XP? To me it doesn't seem like a very good way to have a storage drive setup if you can't access the files after a system wipe. Any help?
 
Sometimes you also have to go into Disk manager and reimport the basic/dynamic disk.
 
Back
Top