NFSU2 on PC players...What controllers?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I was wondering what controllers were you guys using out there? Are you using the mouse and keyboard? Also anyone using a modded XBOX controller? I remember reading that NFSU1 has problems with it or whatever.

I started using the keyboard... Then, on a whim I busted out my game pad. It's an Interact Axispad or some such. Works fine. Only thing that sucks is i don't have the software to set buttons and that website has apparently been down for a LONG time.

I use a Logitech Dual Action. Personally, I think it's the best non-rumble gamepad for PC gaming.

Logitech Momo Racing wheel. Works great, just wish there was a way to adjust amount of wheel that is considered center ingame.

Why not do what I'm doing and get a PS2 to USB adapter? Use your PS2 controllers on your PC games (works great with EA games) with rumble and shock supported, as well as the analogs.

The two that I know work well are the SOYO Kiky X-series adapter and Radioshack's. Beware of what you get otherwise... I got a few off Ebay and they are shet.

Lates,

Odie :)

I just use the keyboard and mouse.

I'm probably going to roll down to radioshack tomorrow to get a ps2 to pc adapter.

PS I have the new Logitech Cordless Action controller for my ps2...will I be able to use it with the adapter on my pc?

Thanks.

i use the dual ps2 - usb converter from redoctane.com with my dual shock ps1 controller. for some reason on games that support rumble it rumbles constantly but it doesn't on like, nes games and stuff. so i disable the rumble on nfsu2. i think i'm gonna pick up a ps2 controller and see if it still does that. but other than that it works great. analog and stuff all works. i also use that dual converter for my ignition 2.0 pad for playing stepmania on pc. it works awesome.

i just use my logitech driving force since its usb and i have the drivers for the steering wheel works like a charm

ive been using my keyboard... about 40% through and my hands are hurting. haha

time to bust out the xbox controller

I will be using the Logitech Dual-action. Pretty solid controller IMO. Though it seems all PC pads I've ever tried have 'cheap' feeling analog sticks, this is the best so far. (My other favorite being Saitek p2500 rumblepad). This one is tough to I just stomped hard on it in frustration over Midnight Club 2's final races.

The controller works fine with the XBCD drivers. I am using the profile I created for Madden 2005, which has a bunch of remapped buttons, along with three disabled sliders. Check their forums for more information. Does anybody have the manual for NFSU2 for XBOX? I'd like to see how the controller is mapped it so I can perfect it, even though I am fine the way it is.

the latest xbcd drivers have been making my thug2 and nfsu2 crash... the audio just freezes and skips and then the computer restarts. so im trying the last version... :(

Anyone here using a steering wheel have problems getting it to work right? A friend loaded NFSU2 and has an Act Labs USB Steering wheel and pedals and the ONLY way force feedback works on it is if the pedals are disconnected. However, if the pedals are connected, then when you play the game, as soon as the race starts the steering wheel becomes the throttle (forward/revers) and the pedals do nothing. If you disconnect the pedals, the wheel works normally (steers that is...) but the car is stuck in full throttle all the time. We messed with it for about 3 hours and never got it to work right.

Tried the usual things like new drivers, older drivers, generic drivers, drivers for a different wheel, uninstalling the game, re-installing the game, installing the 1.1 patch, cleaning the registry, and even tried looking through the game files to see if we could edit something manually but nothing came of it.

Back