NFSU: 2 XBOX or PC?

MrSlacker

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys. i really want to get NFSU:2 but i dont know wat platform to get. also what is a good controller for pc, i dont have space for wheels.

PC if you have a really nice system. Get a USB adapter that will allow you to hook up the PS2/XBox controller [your preference].

But looking at your sig I'd probabley go with the XBox.

batty said:
PC if you have a really nice system. Get a USB adapter that will allow you to hook up the PS2/XBox controller [your preference].

But looking at your sig I'd probabley go with the XBox.
yeah my comp sucks ass, but what i want to do is get xbox version at Costco and then return it in a couple of months. i played the demo on my comp at 1024x768 and most of the setting are on LOW. also is there a cheap adapter so i can hook up my xbox to my monitor. cheap i mean less then 20 bucks

independantvariable said:
What about 800x600 on medium?, the quality still should be as nice/better on pc.
i'll try that but i have 19" CRT and 800x600 is gonna look crappy i think

Your PC will not run NFSU:2 well at all. The PC version will be leaps and bounds better then the Xbox version. However from the looks of your PC setup I would definately go for the Xbox version.

PikachuMan said:
The Xbox version might have less cheating, so for online play, I'd go with xbox..
yeah thats what bugging me with demo. SO many people cheat! its not even funny. i understand cheats like a little boost in speed, but not the ones like when there is still countdown they are flying out like from a friking cannon.

you'd think EA would be smart enough to put an anti-cheating system in or something. Anyway I'm definitely getting it for PC, just look at my rig in my sig.

Plus I don't have an XBOX.

enelson125 said:
you'd think EA would be smart enough to put an anti-cheating system in or something. Anyway I'm definitely getting it for PC, just look at my rig in my sig.

Plus I don't have an XBOX.
i will get it at Costco, play for a couple of months and return. also i will *cough* download *cough* the PC version to see if its better and then might buy the PC version. also i will get new comp in like Feb.

Got my pc version from ebgames. Too bad I am running with my gf3 ti200. Really slow when details turned up. lol Game is fun.

MrSlacker said:
yeah my comp sucks ass, but what i want to do is get xbox version at Costco and then return it in a couple of months. i played the demo on my comp at 1024x768 and most of the setting are on LOW. also is there a cheap adapter so i can hook up my xbox to my monitor. cheap i mean less then 20 bucks

this is just wrong.. People abusing the return policies they have at stores!! Just wrong, you should be ashamed of yourself!

i tried it at 800x600 and it SUCKS, 1024x768 is MUCH better, so xbox it is. another question, does xbox version come w/ 2 months of xbox live?

mjz_5 said:
this is just wrong.. People abusing the return policies they have at stores!! Just wrong, you should be ashamed of yourself!
oh c'mon! i am not abusing it. if i would buy games EVERY week and do that, then yes, but all i am doinf is returning a game if i dont like it.

ha! i just bought a psx to usb converter. playing pop pc version fully loaded with ps2 controls. too bad dual shock doesn't work with the game

mjz_5 said:

Reminds me of threads where people overclock their video card/processor/whatever like 250%, and RMA it when it fries.

MrSlacker said:
oh c'mon! i am not abusing it. if i would buy games EVERY week and do that, then yes, but all i am doinf is returning a game if i dont like it.

No, I'm pretty sure doing it once is abusing it. Doing it every week would make you a dick.

I play it on my PC 1600x1200 max setting except motion blur and light trails and it runs perfect.

Barton @ 3200
512mb ram
radeon 9800 pro

finalgt said:
No, I'm pretty sure doing it once is abusing it. Doing it every week would make you a dick.
i dont want to be a dick, but may be you should call Costco and tell them that some guy from [H]ard Forums wants to buy NFSU: 2 and then return it! See if they care. Its a multi billion dollor company that has that return policy for MANY years and millions of people abuse it every single day. But guess what, Costco is still making millions of dollors every day and doesnt give a crap about returns. What you think if they cared they would make such policy? HELL NO. they realize what they do. I even called them and asked if i could return OPENED software, and they said "yes of course, we have 100% satisfaction garantee on every item we sell". As someone mentioned before about OCed parts, why dont u call Intel and tell them that John Smith wants to RMA his CPU coz he OCed the hell out of it and it fried, see if Intel cares.
And again sorry for being a dick.

MrSlacker said:

why not rent or play the demo?

Your attempt at rationalizing your actions shows that you actually do recognize that it's unethical, at some level. See, your little example has a couple of flaws. Let me put it to you in an analogy: there's a rich person on your block who lives in a nice, big house and leaves his gate and front door unlocked, and a poor person who deadbolts their doors and locks their windows every night. Your ability to rationalize stealing $50 from the rich guy as opposed to stealing from the poor guy is based off of the assumption that you'd be the only person on your block who didn't have any moral qualms with stealing $50 from the rich guy, even if he did make it extraordinarily easy for you to do so. The rich guy wouldn't mind you stealing $50 probably, but he'd start noticing if everybody on your block started stealing from him. And of course, the increased amount of theft would cause the cops to put pressure on all the people in the neighborhood, including the people who weren't the thieving dicks.

In real life, there's also the additional penalty of decreased freedom and increased penalties on legitimate returns from honest consumers, once enough people abuse the current policies.

And uh if you called Intel and asked to RMA a processor that you yourself fried, the customer support person would understandably call you a moron for even asking, and hang up. Assuming the customer support person wasn't a moron himself.

Keeping with the original topic...

Looking at your system, I'd say get it for Xbox.

You need a fairly beefy system to fully bask in all of NFS:U2's graphical goodness.

Runs nice on my system though, 1280x1024 max everything :cool:

Back