NFS Underground 2 low FPS w/ GTX 295 SLI

guitarslingerchris

Supreme [H]ardness
Like the title says, I'm running a pretty swell setup, but I just installed NFS Underground 2 to play through it again and I get pretty horrible framerates even at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200. I used uniws.exe to patch the game to 2560x1600 and I get the same horrible framerates, along the lines of 10-15fps.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm running Vista x64 with the latest drivers.

what frame rate do you get when you dont use the patch?

also im not totally sure if the game supports multi gpu..

The game doesnt work with SLI, set your profile to use single card and your fps will go to 120, its the same with MW, Carbon, and Prostreet. I dont know why its under nvidia SLI supported games list, it just doesnt work, I tried it with AFR and SFR and it has problems running multigpu set up ~ 20 fps. So I set it to max eye candy in the game and AA: 8x(Enhance) in CP, SLI: Single, NegLOD: Clamp, which gives the best visuals, and i get 120fps with my evga gtx 285ssc. Sucks you have to disable SLI, but thats what works for me I reinstalled some NFS games yesterday.

Edit: also alt tab out of the game and set your cpu affinity to one core and disable the rest or the game will crash randomly under vista 64

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try. Anyone have some ideas how to get a 360 controller to work with the original NFS Underground?

Back