NFS Pro street demo on XBL..

joemama

[H]F Junkie
Holy carp....was this made by EA? I swear I was playing the street racing version of Forza Motorsport. Looks like EA is trying to go for the realism (somewhat) with this one but they totally ripped off the racing line from Forza. To me it seems like the result if Juiced 2 HIN and Forza 2 got togther and had a love child..:p

It's really hard to say from just the demo....you get an M3 for a "speed challenge" where you try to have the fastest average speed on a public road course, and then a GTR prototype for "grip" which is just closed course track racing. The graphics are good, damage modeling is good (but not entirely realistic) but I don't know if it will be as much sheer fun as Most Wanted. Like I said above..it seems to be a cross between a simulator and arcade style street racing game.

I can't wait for the Need for Speed series to abandon the whole street racing bullshit. Aside from graphics, Need for Speeds from Underground to Carbon are mostly the same.

I can't wait for the Need for Speed series to abandon the whole street racing bullshit. Aside from graphics, Need for Speeds from Underground to Carbon are mostly the same.
Well then, this may be the game for you. Pro-street is all about sanctioned races with closed courses...no AI traffic or cops, and the selection of cars is widely ranged and not focused soley on Japanese tuners. If you think about it, the NFS series has always been about street racing in some form...although I miss the long point to point races through beautiful scenery such as NFS Hot Pursuit and Porsche Unleashed.

Driving physics are as bad as all the need for speed after Porsche Unleashed.

I'll pass.

Driving physics are as bad as all the need for speed after Porsche Unleashed.

I'll pass.

And it starts...

I expect more info like this to come as this game is released. EA should go back to its roots and try to make games like Porsche Unleashed and the original Need for Speed. I think if they made another attempt at Motor City Online it would take off alot better the second time around.

Not expecting anything when I tried the demo and still it succeeded in disappointing me. Nice work EA.

I think that Pro Street is what Most Wanted and Carbon should have been. Graphics look better, game plays alot better. Higher framerate. Reflections are sweat. Game is crisp and clear. Driving physics and crash damage are more realistic. I really think this will be the best out of the last 3 NFS games. BTW: They called it "Carbon" for a reason. It was damn near a carbon copy of MW.

After further demo playtime....the graphics are good but don't compare well to PGR4, the 3 "difficulty" modes (casual, racer, king) don't seem to have a hell of a lot of difference between them. I wish that EA had produced a more comprehensive demo....minutes after downloading the PGR4 demo I absolutely had to have the full game...I don't feel it with Prostreet. I guess it's time to come to grips with the fact that the latest NFS game was always a must have for me...but there are other developers out there making better arcade racing games these days.:(

edit- I disagree with the MW/carbon comparison....MW was surprisingly good (didn't like the demo much) and Carbon felt like a HUGE step backwards for the series.

I'd agree that there isn't much to the Prostreet demo. Two races...real short. Not much there. I've played the PGR4 demo a number of times, and there are a number of different types of races and good tracks. Good stuff in PGR4 demo. I haven't bought the full game yet though cuz I just haevn't had the time to play it.

We need another Porsche Unleashed but with a variety of cars and you have to include some way that cops can chase you.

But EA will never get it.

We need another Porsche Unleashed but with a variety of cars and you have to include some way that cops can chase you.

But EA will never get it.
I've been hoping for a Ferrari unleashed for years...they have a long history of awesome cars and to see a development team focus on one make in great detail (with todays graphic capability) would be beyond words.:cool:

Just played the demo and i'm not impressed at all. I can easily say pc version is total crap comparing to the trailers that i'd seen for ps3.

Edit: sorry, thought it was a pc thread.

Man.. jaggies, framerate problems, and bad gameplay. Yikes stay away from this one

Back