NFS:MW crashing :(

memphis_1220

Limp Gawd
As the thread title says, Need For Speed : Most Wanted has been crashing a lot lately.
I have been playing the game for several months, completed it twice, and just a few minutes ago I had the following in a single pursuit:

Bounty: 6,000,000 approx
Cost to State: 650,000
Time: 30+ minutes

As you can imagine this is very frustrating :mad: I know this pursuit in particular would have come top of the rap sheet for single pursuits.

Back to the crashing business. My computer (in sig) is more than enough for the game, yet it still crashes. I count 5 similar sized bounty's this week where the game has crashed at the end of the cool down period!

Has anyone experienced this before?
Is it a known problem?

Does it crash with a Pure Virtual Function Call or something? I got that error every so often during pursuits, especially ones that involved huge numbers like that. I could never figure out what it was.

xerus` said:
Does it crash with a Pure Virtual Function Call or something? I got that error every so often during pursuits, especially ones that involved huge numbers like that. I could never figure out what it was.
I have got that one a few times. Although the most recent one has not shown an error whatsoever. Very very frustrating
todlerix said:
mine crashed too for the first time yesterday, c++ visual error
This is the most common one.
Slartibartfast said:
Please start threads in the proper forum.
Very sorry. I was browsing and thought I was still in the right one. I must have gone back in my browser.

NFS:MW can take badly to overclocking, it can be REALY picky with the core speed on yoru video card.

Try playing at stock maybe?

Unknown-One said:
NFS:MW can take badly to overclocking, it can be REALY picky with the core speed on yoru video card.

Try playing at stock maybe?
Thats the thing, I have not overclocked. I think I need to contact EA and ask them what the problem could be.

I used to have the same problem. Every pursuit over ~ 2,000,000 gave me a CTD (happened about 20 times), while I evaded 50+ pursuits with < 1,800,000 and didn't crash once.

Since the length of the pursuit seems to be the only trigger, I thought it might be some kind of memory problem. And sure enough, after changing

HKLM/SOFTWARE/EA GAMES/Need For Speed Most Wanted|Swapsize

from 73,400,320 to 200,000,000, it never happened again.

Hope this helps you... there's nothing worse than sitting there at the end of a 25-minute chase knowing that when that bar gets to the end, the piece of shit's gonna crash on you...

Sounds more like the devs screwed up coding, if you ask me. When errors happen because of big numbers, that's usually the reason. No patch yet? :(

Back