NFS Carbon. Cant beat Kenji!!!!

2[H]4U
I got the game yesterday, i have an rx8 full performance tuned, i cant beat kenji in the canyon duel, i could beat him in the circuit race, the only car i have unlocked is the eclipse gt. what the heck do i do to beat him?

Drive a real car AKA the camaro :p. Keep trying. Why cant you beat him do you slide of the cayon or does he out score you.

man if thats the same battle as the last level in the demo, that race is hell

i could never beat before i got fed up and uninstalled

he is too fast on the corners, the brakes are too sensative and strong so i lose too much speed when cornering

i crashed on the first try then i passed him for 10 sec at the 2nd corner... :D :D
for real, i REALLY recommend you to drive chevy!!!! and try tune the performance.

I've been having good luck with my Eclipse. It has a lot of handleing and not as much speed, which makes it easy to get right around the corners well.

I BEAT HIM WITH MY RX8!!!

w00t.

i retuned my car, i took full accell over top speed and torque over HP, at the first corner i was able to crash into him twice which gives you a 5000 point bonus and i over took him and held it for 6 seconds. and instead of braking, i let go of the gas early and turned.

I beat him with the RX8 .

its all in the tuning and using a decent steering wheel helps, MOMO rox. :D

The guy from the demo?

I used the Chevy, handbrake on the first turn, I passed him and won.

Lol Downhill isn't the same as normal racing... Accel and top speed don't have big as factor. I think you should turn to some training video, like Initial D Stage four.

First attack K.O. easy way to gain a win.

I thought that Kenji is pretty easy to beat.

at least, I beat him every time.

wilka91 said:
I thought that Kenji is pretty easy to beat.

at least, I beat him every time.

So did I. Until now (I'm 50% done in career mode) the game is too easy. Nothing compared to Most Wanted. Police chaces are ridiculous too. They were very hard in Most Wanted (or at least some were), but in Carbon they are too easy.

To the OP. My tactic in the canyon race, is to pass my opponent in some curve (usually those where you can fall off the cliff). Until now, I was never forced into a second canyon race. I always win by passing my opponent on the first race.

What the hell you cannot beat a game boy? Man you need to up your driving skills. I am going to get the game tonight and watch me finishing it up by weekend. :D

[UPS] Sorce said:
The guy from the demo?

I used the Chevy, handbrake on the first turn, I passed him and won.

Ya a fast car and handbraking around the canyon races is a good way to win them.

Silus said:
So did I. Until now (I'm 50% done in career mode) the game is too easy. Nothing compared to Most Wanted. Police chaces are ridiculous too. They were very hard in Most Wanted (or at least some were), but in Carbon they are too easy.

Wait till you hit 57-60% Thats when it shifted and got difficult for me.

i got his rx7 from a pink slip and now thats my main car, until i unlock somethign worthy or get TFK's db9.

i just beat the guy with my DB9 and the game gets crazy hard after that, it seems like everyone now has tier3 cars and im stuck with tier2, and i dunno wtf to do

So i just spent about 3 hours playing the game and nearly an hour trying to beat Kenji, in the end I gave up with my best rides default *middle* configuration and changed the tired to drift instead which helped me win the canyon race first time!

Then I had to sit through a cutscene, pick my crew, forced to defend my territory, did that and guess what, it crashes, so i've just wasted about an hour and a half which I have to do all over again.

I really can't describe how much I hate EA right now!

What? Kenji was by far the easiest of the three to beat for me, since all he had going for him was handling. Although, I was driving a muscle car, so he didn't have much of a chance after the first decent straight...

Anyway, even if you're driving an import or exotic, *light* hand braking can help you slow down and rotate the car in the canyon races.

at the first corner i was able to crash into him twice which gives you a 5000 point bonus

Only if he's supposed to be following you- if you're doing the following and ram the other guy, you lose 5000 points.

Ozymandias said:
Only if he's supposed to be following you- if you're doing the following and ram the other guy, you lose 5000 points.

really? cause than the 5000 thing came up in blue words, blue means good, orange is bad

YARDofSTUF said:

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. I had a fully tuned DB9 and I still can't catch anyone with it. The other cars are just too fast. There was a Race Wars, in a Speedtrap race and they would hit 150-160 MPH while doing a curve...I could barely hit 150 MPH in a straight line...

Silus said:
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. I had a fully tuned DB9 and I still can't catch anyone with it. The other cars are just too fast. There was a Race Wars, in a Speedtrap race and they would hit 150-160 MPH while doing a curve...I could barely hit 150 MPH in a straight line...

Ya, I beat the first 3 bosses and now I'm stuck trying to beat the Race War after the 3rd boss, Kenji for me, and no matter what I drive they blow me away.

YARDofSTUF said:
Ya, I beat the first 3 bosses and now I'm stuck trying to beat the Race War after the 3rd boss, Kenji for me, and no matter what I drive they blow me away.
Complete agreement with this. I just beat the 3rd one and the Race Wars is impossible. Not to mention just about every race in the new territory, which I can only win if I get lucky.

YARDofSTUF said:

I was JUST about to say that,later on it gets hard.I finished it early this morning around 4 am.

Frosteh said:
So i just spent about 3 hours playing the game and nearly an hour trying to beat Kenji, in the end I gave up with my best rides default *middle* configuration and changed the tired to drift instead which helped me win the canyon race first time!

Then I had to sit through a cutscene, pick my crew, forced to defend my territory, did that and guess what, it crashes, so i've just wasted about an hour and a half which I have to do all over again.

I really can't describe how much I hate EA right now!

You are either lying or you don't have autosave turned on. Whenever I have to defend my territory I ctrl-alt-del and terminate the game. When i restart the game the last race I beat is still beat and I don't have to do the defend your territory race. If you had autosave on you wouldn't have to redo anything.

I chose not to have autosave on, simply because if a fluff up a race I can't do, or make a bad purchasing/selling decision I can then go back and change it.

The game crashes in the menu when loading way too much, just another buggy EA release.

Oh yeah and 3:4 on a widescreen monitor looks really pants :/

Oompa said:
Complete agreement with this. I just beat the 3rd one and the Race Wars is impossible. Not to mention just about every race in the new territory, which I can only win if I get lucky.
so what is your suggesting for getting around this?

Im just starting on Tier 3 cars now, I spent AGES messing around trying to find a Tier 3 car because you just cannot race Tier 3 cars with Tier 2 car even if it has all the upgrades to max.

Frosteh said:
Im just starting on Tier 3 cars now, I spent AGES messing around trying to find a Tier 3 car because you just cannot race Tier 3 cars with Tier 2 car even if it has all the upgrades to max.
how the fuck do you get tier3 cars?? are you supposed to beat the bosses in a certain way or something? i need to know cuz im pretty much stuck in the mud right now(after beating the douche Kenji.)

I raced 2 of the races on the last area after beating kenji, with everything else beaten.

After I got that terriroty I had to drive around to all the car lots to see what they've got, eventually found a merc (I think it was lol) for about 130K

it was hardly more expensive than the previous car which I had but even without any upgrades its about twice as good.

i suspect anyone thats struggling after benji hasn't got a Tier 3 car, you need to get one before you can realistically progress, they're just too fast otherwise.

Oompa said:
I've been having good luck with my Eclipse. It has a lot of handleing and not as much speed, which makes it easy to get right around the corners well.

me too!! i unlocked lancer, Murcielago and that girl's second car all with my eclipse, i had 1600 pts.... :D

you guys looks hard. :) i just drive my eclipse to win all territories, yeah, thoses in red too. my sug: use scout, and deactivate it, so they will go like rocket, i won lots of speedtrap thanks to my purplehead crew.
and the crashing thing is so annoying. i wish all ea title could be like nhl 07

there is no hurry to win the war race, you can do them when you unlocked all tier 3 parts.i didnt do any of them (yet)

I'll give you all a massive tip which I have worked out.

With the drafters (the team mates who you stay in front and create a slipsteam through the air to make both cars go faster, well if you're good at staying behind them then use your boost while following them on straights, they stay a set distance ahead of you and so as you accelarete from the boost they do to and you end up moving VERY fast, much much faster than a normal boost or a normal draft on their own.

Back