NForce4 RAID / Vista 64 Ultimate install problem

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
This is frustrating me.

I am running an EVGA 131-K8-NF44 with onboard RAID. I just purchased a pair of Seagate SATA 500gb drives and am trying to do a new Vista install with the drives striped (RAID 0).

Within the BIOS I have enabled RAID on SATA channels 1 and 2. I have run the RAID setup and set the drives to boot. BIOS shows the resulting drive will have approximately 940GB (whoot!) :eek:

However, Vista insists on reporting two seperate drives. The correct drivers are supposed to be on the DVD but I downloaded the correct driver from EVGAs site anyway and the result is the same. Two drives, each with 460GB.

I've searched but cannot seem to find much mention of this other than in the early days of Vista when RAID drivers were scarce.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :mad:

Is a hardware Raid controller out of the question? You might like that router better. Also don't forget to back up anything important too you on any RAID method you use.

I was finally able to get it working. There are actually two drivers needed for Vista to read the controller correctly. I placed the RAID drives and my normal drive into the system and booted up off the old install. Then I played with the drivers until the two seperate drives merged.

Now I just need to get my video card to work correctly in 64bit. Damn blue screens.

Once my system is stable I'll be backing up critical files to a third drive in the system.

This is a hardware RAID, isn't it? It's just part mounted on the motherboard instead of a separate card.

Back