nForce4 audio and Vista Business

UncleDavid218

2[H]4U
I knew while installing Vista that sound drivers would not be installed, and that Windows Update has an option to download them.

I did so, but now when I play a video or do anything with sound I BSOD with the NVMCP.sys error

After a quick Google search, I found the error to be the audio driver

I am using the integrated Karajan audio module on my DFI SLI-DR Expert

I cannot uninstall the driver as can't find and un-install and Vista won't allow the uninstallation of drivers that affect the OS

So where does this leave me? Do I have any options other than purchasing a sound card?

I have an almost identical setup to you, but am waiting for my 64bit disc to show up before I make the plunge.

Here is the link to the realtek driver page for our ac 97 audio codec
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=23&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#AC

There is a vista driver listed, but it does not say if its 32 or 64 bit, I would assume 32 bit, although it may have both don't know.

Try this driver instead of the window update one, as if the windows update driver is an nvidia driver, maybe this realtek driver will work better.

On XP I use the realtek drivers and not the nvidia ones.

I knew while installing Vista that sound drivers would not be installed, and that Windows Update has an option to download them.

I did so, but now when I play a video or do anything with sound I BSOD with the NVMCP.sys error

After a quick Google search, I found the error to be the audio driver

I am using the integrated Karajan audio module on my DFI SLI-DR Expert

I have a DFI lanparty UT SLI-DR and I have the same problem. Clean vista install, sound works but playing anything results in BSOD with NVMCP.sys error.

You both need to download said drivers from realtek. They are both 32 and 64 bit, and fix that problem.

After I installed the drivers I ran Media Player (which couldnt get through one song without BSOD) for about 3 hours without a hitch.

Back