• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nforce2 3.13 driver with ati card!?

asafsarid

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
88
I am about to format my comp and I know that the newer driver for nforce2 chipset is 3.13 one from nvidia.com site.
Well, I saw that it includes the display driver for nvidia vid cards, but I have an ati card.
Is there any way to install that driver without the nvidia display driver? how?
Thanks,
Asaf.

Edit: maby just to install the driver from abit-usa.com, but that one is a older version? what you think I should do!?
 
If your onboard video is disabled in the BIOS, it should'nt install the video drivers since it cant find the NVidia graphics.

I've also got an Nforce board and an ATI card, thats what I did, I also disabled my onboard audio becuase I have a soundblaster now, so it didnt install the Nvidia sound either.

Be careful if you have a RAID card or something out of the ordinary with those drivers, I've had hell getting my RAID to work, in the end I had to use Nforce 2.45
 
The NF7-S doesn't have any onboard graphics. Only the NF7-M does. The new chipset drivers won't install any Nvidia video card drivers because your motherboard doesn't have any Nvidia video hardware. You can just install them without worrying about it.

Welcome to the world of unified drivers. :)

editedit: bah
 
If you check out our mainboard review of the nF2 boards you will see that we us ATI cards on NV chipsets all the time without issue. :)
 
Ah I see. I just assumed that with it being an NForce2, and asafsarid asking about the ATI graphics, that it had onboard graphics and he was worried about a conflict.

But I see now lol.

Go with what dylman and FgrMstr say, if it doesn't have onboard graphics, well it's the same as having them turned off on a board with onboard graphics as far as NForce drivers are concerned.



The only problem I have, which is totally driver unrelated, is sometimes I get glitches and artifacts in my BIOS, but it usually goes away when it boots. Anyone know of this problem or how to fix it?
 
Back
Top