• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

nFORCE 5 for INTEL

There is no official statement saying that the 590SLI chipset is getting cancelled. That is the rumor mill working its magic again. Not saying it won't get cancelled, but there is no official news of that.

Additionally, why would you want this chipset? Do you have a high end SLi setup you want to use with it?

If you are staying with a single card system I'd recommend sticking with the Intel chipset. Intel makes some of the best motherboard chipsets in the world. Few would even try to dispute that. If the 590SLI is anything like the 570SLI, then overclocking won't be very impressive and the chipset itself will run extremely hot like the 570SLI does.

So unless you've got 7900GTX's or 7950GX2's you want to put into SLi, I wouldn't even consider it until there are some reviews out their showing compelling reasons to purchase the 590SLI over any other chipset based motherboard. Even then, you can use hacked drivers or the ULi patch to enable SLi on Intel chipsets.
 
Be sure to do your research before purchasing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that they have the older C19 chipset in there rather than the newer C55. I bought an Asus P5NSLI (NForce 570 for Intel) and was disappointed to learn that it's really a half-breed instead of a full-fledged NForce5. Even the chipset drivers from Nvidia are still labelled as "Nforce4" Link here. This isn't a big deal if you have no intention of overclocking. However, if you are - your max stable FSB will be severely restricted.
 
Dan_D said:
There is no official statement saying that the 590SLI chipset is getting cancelled. That is the rumor mill working its magic again. Not saying it won't get cancelled, but there is no official news of that.

Additionally, why would you want this chipset? Do you have a high end SLi setup you want to use with it?

If you are staying with a single card system I'd recommend sticking with the Intel chipset. Intel makes some of the best motherboard chipsets in the world. Few would even try to dispute that. If the 590SLI is anything like the 570SLI, then overclocking won't be very impressive and the chipset itself will run extremely hot like the 570SLI does.

So unless you've got 7900GTX's or 7950GX2's you want to put into SLi, I wouldn't even consider it until there are some reviews out their showing compelling reasons to purchase the 590SLI over any other chipset based motherboard. Even then, you can use hacked drivers or the ULi patch to enable SLi on Intel chipsets.


Thanks for great Reply guyz, guess ill stick with Gigabyte 965 as it have given me no problem, its just my heart was set on nFOROCE 5 for intel.

Also i shall be thankful if u all can give me Professioanl Advice on following POST

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1105802
 
grinchy said:
I know DFI for sure is not making the 590....

Total misinformation.

They are indeed making a motherboard based on the NVidia 590 chipset. They are not releasing the board that used the C19 chip, but will be releasing a board that has the newer C55 chip southbridge. Use the search button before putting out bum info.

Shawn
 
_Durandal_ said:
http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=4425

^^ Not so good...This is really starting to get annoying.

Why do you say not so good? The DailyTech article is confusing. Maybe I'm wrong, but my take is that the 680i will be the almost the same as the 590 except that the poor overclocking of the 590 will be fixed. There is a lot of speculation about this in the comments posted on DailyTech after the article.
 
breakpoint said:
Why do you say not so good? The DailyTech article is confusing. Maybe I'm wrong, but my take is that the 680i will be the almost the same as the 590 except that the poor overclocking of the 590 will be fixed. There is a lot of speculation about this in the comments posted on DailyTech after the article.
Well, my take on the article was simply that only OEMs and ASUS seem to be adopting the C19 chipset, which is an inferior design. You and I both know this particular chipset leads to poor overclocking. However, it also means that the board will never be able to support Kentsfield (Quad Core Processors) because of the FSB limitation. The C19 chipset can't hit over 320MHz.

Plus, this post below talks about the lack of 590 motherboards. Distributors have gone from "Exptected in 2-5 days" to "Next Week" to "Mid-October" etc. I'm just thinking that if there are in fact newer designs such as this, the boards themselves won't even come out. Excaliber PC even had a "2-5 days" on their site, but now it just says "Preorder." I've also seen other sites list the board and promptly take it down the following day!

I could be totally wrong, but I see the redesign and wonder if we'll ever see an Nforce motherboard with SLI & Kentsfield capability before the end of the year. Kind of frustrating that's all.
 
_Durandal_ said:
Well, my take on the article was simply that only OEMs and ASUS seem to be adopting the C19 chipset, which is an inferior design. You and I both know this particular chipset leads to poor overclocking. However, it also means that the board will never be able to support Kentsfield (Quad Core Processors) because of the FSB limitation. The C19 chipset can't hit over 320MHz.

Plus, this post below talks about the lack of 590 motherboards. Distributors have gone from "Exptected in 2-5 days" to "Next Week" to "Mid-October" etc. I'm just thinking that if there are in fact newer designs such as this, the boards themselves won't even come out. Excaliber PC even had a "2-5 days" on their site, but now it just says "Preorder." I've also seen other sites list the board and promptly take it down the following day!

I could be totally wrong, but I see the redesign and wonder if we'll ever see an Nforce motherboard with SLI & Kentsfield capability before the end of the year. Kind of frustrating that's all.





Yes , I saw the handwriting on the wall some time ago and opted for a 975 chipset board and have 0 regrets. My recomendation is do the same until the 2nd wave of C55 based Asus boards pop up to use with the G80 or the G80 refresh/R600 or whatever your favorite flavor might be.

Just my .02
 
Back
Top