nf7-s owners plz help!

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, i have 2 questions, but the first is the most important.

last night around 2 oclock pm, i was downloading a file and playing warcraft 3 single player at the same time so it wouldn't take up any bandwidth. after a while, i minimized my screen and i noticed that my download stopped, and since i have aol dsl.(i know i'm gonna get flamed for that, my parents love it) it said that the network connection failed. so i tried to reconnect, and it never connects anymore. so i checked the connection in the back, and the lights for the onboard ethernet aren't there anymore! usually there was a green/yellowish light of sorts, but now i see nothing when i plug it in the jack. usb, however still works. i've tried 2 different ethernet cables now, and neither work. isn't the light supposed to come on indefinitely whenever you plug an ethernet connection to the back of the motherboard even if there's no connection? i have the ethernet cable plugged into both spots and the power and ready lights are on. usually, the power--ready--link lights are always on, and the activity light blinks. this is what the usb connection does, and the ethernet connection used to do. plz help!!

secondly, this is an easy question. at the beginning of the startup, it says something like press f4 to enter something raid utility. is there anyway to shave off a few seconds of my startup by not having this come up? thanks in advance!

Heres the answer to your second question, yes you can disable the sata controller in bios, as long as you aren't using it you will be fine. I think it's under integrated peripherals.

start with the obvious, switch your ethernet cables, perhaps it has gone bad. You never know.

He said he did try seperate cables.

I'd go into the device manager and see if it's still isted there and if it is, remove the network controller from the device manager , restart, and see if windows sees it and reinstalls the drivers.

Also make sure you have the newest drivers.

Another thought is the ethernet jack on the modem may have died.

he is using his onboard lan, if that fried you will need to RMA or just go out and get a 10/100 ethernet card.

FX25 said:
he is using his onboard lan, if that fried you will need to RMA or just go out and get a 10/100 ethernet card.
Process of elimination is your best friend with computer hardware. Learn it, use it, respect it. (get a dam nic card and test it out already)

Back