NF7-S OC Help

I personally haven't actually tried the wire trick, all of my processors have unlock sufficiently for my needs recently. It is possible that the wire isn't actually making contact with the pins as you suggested, may be worth trying a different one and verifying that you're connecting the correct pins.

i just gave in and bought a mobile-xp :)

its a 2500, iqhya stepping and all

right now im running at 225 * 11 = 2475mhz @ 1.75V

now, for gaming, a higher fsb will give better preformance than a higher clock speed right?

if i drop the fsb and up the multi i get a higher clock speed, so which is better?

the other thing i find strange is that this chip runs much hotter @ 1.75 V than my desktop 2600 did at 1.85V, is there a reason for this?

Try reapplying thermal paste? Also, what motherboard do you have? It could be overvolting. I get over 50C load on mine as well... heh

New question, same idea. I just upgraded to a gig of pc4000 ram. previously i had 2x256 pc3200 which i was running at 225fsb. Now with the pc4000 i still cant get above 225fsb, so im pretty sure its not the ram which is limiting me. what else could i do to get the ram running at its intended speed?

It probabily your motherboard assuming you have an NF7-S your lucky to even get it stable that high. My NF7-S is only stable at 218FSB with HyperX ram. Like you I upgraded my ram thinking my old ocz was the weak link and after alot of headaches and searching I found this is a very common problem with these MB's. The issue is refered to as low/high FSB, with a modded tictac bios you can probabily hit 250mhz+ with cpc off 2T latency vs 1T stock, but you probably won't gain much.

two nf7-s v2.0 i have can run 230mhz+ fsb no prob.. but limited by cpu and memory.. if i had unlocked cpu i would go out n get corsair xms4400..

"now, for gaming, a higher fsb will give better preformance than a higher clock speed right?

if i drop the fsb and up the multi i get a higher clock speed, so which is better?

the other thing i find strange is that this chip runs much hotter @ 1.75 V than my desktop 2600 did at 1.85V, is there a reason for this?"
yeah higher fsb is always better. 240x10 > 225x11
[email protected] would run hotter than 2.12(185x11.5) @ 1.85v.

thanks for the tips guys, so if i go with the D26 MANTA RAYS XT bios would i want the 1T or 2T timing? whats the difference in stability and preforance

or is there a better bios entirely?

Your very lucky to get 2 NF7-S @ 230mhz I'm envious....The difference between CPC ON and OFF is 1T (ON) and 2T(OFF) latencies. At equal FSB speeds the 1T will be faster, infact, you will have to OC your FSB by a margin of 15+mhz @ 2T latency over 1T to realize a benefit. There was a whole article written up on this subject too lazy to fetch it..try google.

you guys running 250+ fsb, do you have different north/southbridge cooling or anything? with my ram i should be able to hit 250 with a different bios hopefully, but i dont want to run into any other problems

one more question (for now:))

i heard that the aforementioned bios can cause sata data corruption problems, is this true? i only use sata for my system drive so i could stand to reformat if necessary but would prefer not to. has anyone had issues/success before?

how come i get 3 pages of fast responses, then NOTHING? :confused:

anywho, i still cant get this thing stable. i figured out my max fsb to be around 160 but memtest errors overnight. i can run at 245fsb with no memtest errors but i get memory errors in games. i think my power supply is the issue now, sometimes it runs stable but i get random crashes from voltage drops/spikes. is there anything i can try aside from buying a new power supply?

Back