NF-M2 nView Problems

sam600sx

n00b
Hi all, Nothing but problems with this system. System specs: NF-M2 nView, X2 4600, Segate 320Gig HD, 2Gig corsair XMS2 6400, DVDRW, DVD-rom, FDD/ smart card reader, ATI 1600XT, Modem, TV card. not overclocked. I was wathing tv this morning system locked up. Rebooted to get System error. rebooted it complained about video card not initialized. rebooted to safe mode removed drivers and rebooted. Anyway all I get now is one long beep and no boot. Tried clearing CMOS many times still one long beep and no boot. I even removed video card and tried onboard and the same. Please any help would be appreciated!

Yep I have narrowed it to ram. Every time I put both sticks in I get the beep. It doesn't seem to matter which stick I put in, but when I add the second stick I'm back to the beep.

checked the voltage being set against that recommended by the manufacturer?

damn, i hate this problem... yea mine gives me the same problem i never bother tring to put a 2nd stick in again..

thanks , but I have the voltage set to corsair's specs 5-5-5-15 and 1.9 volts. I ran memory test on one module all night long, and came up with no errors. Testing of the other stick is probably have to wait till Fri. or Sat.

its not the memory its the motherboard.. it does this same problem with both of my comps.. try updating the bois if no update then load optimized settings

The latest BIOS is pretty good. My previously dead LAN port was brought back to life with the latest flash. I guess that really doesn't help you much since you can't even POST.

RMA and as soon as you get the replacement, flash it with the latest BIOS.

Back