• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

nf-7s voltage issues

Ch1m3r4

Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
870
I know it reports inaccurate temps, but what about voltages?

specifically, my cpu voltage. In bios I set it to 1.9, but mobo monitor reads 1.82 consistently. which should I believe? how would I test cpu voltage?

I'd like to know because if it's really 1.9, I probably won't push it any higher, but if it's 1.82, then heck, I might as well oc it some more.

On a side note, I managed to improve my case airflow, and switched the fan around on my heatsink so now I'm running 215x10 with load temps of 50c on air...before it maxed out around 210 to 212 x 10 with the same voltages/timings and load temps were around 57c
 
Same thing here, witha rev 2 board..If I set my v core to 1.9v, it reads 1.82-1.84v. Also, it seems they tend to over-volt the RAM as well..2.9v in BIOS, and gets read @ 3.02-3.04v'ish.
Without proper test equipment to verify them, I'd take the values as they're shown... I get the same values, across multiple programs, that are reading the various sensors (with the exception of the NV system utility - WAY OFF [vcore @ least]).

On the o/c front, if I were you I would either a) improve the case/cpu cooling, or b) stop there... You have a decent o/c there [unless it's a 3200+];) , and are already @ 50c..They start getting flaky @ like 60c, and the thermal max is (usually) 85-90c.
 
i have the same problem the rev 2 of these boards do under volt on the Vcore donno about the ram tho
 
Back
Top