• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nexus & Scythe Psu

F1a^_^

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
316
What do you guys think of these psu's? They are well known companies that make great fans, one of the best for that matter. So how do you think their psu's are?
Could a 550 watt be comparable to that of a Corsair 620Hx? How does it compare to Corsair in general?
I was first going to get the Corsair, but once I saw Nexus and Scythe making psu's, I thought it should be pretty good.
Which one should I get?
 
No, a 550, even a good 550, is not going to compare to a good 620 watt unit like the Corsair 620HX. Expecting more than the rated wattage out of even a /very/ high end supply is asking for trouble.

Sure Nexus and Scythe make generally good products, but until you see a couple of reviews (and not just "it's shiny I used it nothing exploded" but something like Jonny Guru or the [H] do, oscilloscopes and all. I'd be interested to see who they're using for OEMs, as I seriously doubt they've just randomly decided to 'get in to the PSU manufacturing game'.
 
Scythe uses Topower for most units; Nexus uses FSP. Including the infamous Epsilon.
 
Back
Top