Nexus 7" or Galaxy Tab 2 10" ?

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I want to get my wife one of these but I can't decide which one. I can't afford the Nexus 10" or that would be my first choice.

She has a Kindle Fire from last Christmas but she wants an Android tablet. She's fed up with the Amazon-only crap. She says the Fire is too heavy to be lugging around with her all the time, so that's a strike against the Tab. I've ready plenty of discussions where people compare the two, and the majority of people seem to favor the Nexus 7. My concern is the Nexus having the smaller screen. I know it's faster due to the quad core processor.

Primary uses for her: Music, streaming movies (Netflix mostly), Facebook, and web browsing.

I can get the Nexus 16GB for $199, and the 32GB for $249. The Tab will cost $299 with 16GB.

I will base my final decision on what my trusted friends at the [H] recommend. The Nexus 7 is screaming out at me, but it's the screen size that's worrying me.

Thanks.

Make sure she's ok with the smaller screen. You can always get new software/apps, you can't change screen size. At least have her try the 2 sizes out in a store.

If you decide on the bigger screen, I'd also consider a Transformer 300. I've seen those used for $200 and they are sill quite usable.

Assuming it's not intended to be a gift, maybe take her to a local best buy or some such store to play with a Nexus 7, and ask her whether or not she thinks the screen is good enough for her.

She might even find she likes the smaller screen. I probably have slightly larger than average hands, and when I tried using the TouchPad I picked up during the fire sale, I found it was just a little too big to comfortably reach the middle of the display when trying to type. Given women typically have smaller features than men, this would likely be more pronounced, and so a 7" tablet might be a much more suitable size.

Back