Nexus 6P being replaced under warranty for free, but any others I should look at?

I love my Nexus 6P, but the battery's been weird on me lately, and since I still had a few months left in that 2 year warranty I bought, I figured I ought to exercise it and get it replaced.

So, my "new" 6P will be here Thursday. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just turn around and toss it on eBay in favor of something new. I had no problems with the 6P before the battery just started discharging rapidly(I went from 2-3 days of use to a few pictures and 3 hours of steaming Pandora killed it), but I wouldn't be opposed to a smaller phone for whatever I could reasonably expect to get for a 64GB Frost 6P.

I mean, if I have to redo the phone anyway, now's a good time for a change. I love the camera of the 6P, but outside of that...I'm open to suggestions. I just don't want to pay Pixel or Samsung S8 prices. Going down to a 5" again wouldn't be bad. I miss the size of the Nexus 5...I just don't miss the shit camera.

OnePlus 5 and LG V30 are worth a look. My sister just got a Moto Z and loves it.

I had the same issue, as well as the early shutdown issue on my 6P that plagued many others. I got a replacement OEM battery for $10 and replaced it myself and it restored it to new again. I went from 2-3 hours SoT and shutting down with 10%-30%b reported battery left to 4-5 hours SoT again and no more early shutdowns.

Since I really like having stereo speakers and miss my IR blaster from my M8, I would only like to replace it with a phone that has those features. The only recent one that I've been tempted to buy with those is the Mate 9, which sells for $400-$500 usually. I really like my wife's Moto Z Play too though, so I'm considering getting the next Z2 Force phone, esp if it's sold through T-Mobile and supports their WiFi calling.

My favorite Android phones at the moment are LG G6, HTC U11, and OnePlus 5. Probably the HTC is too expensive for your budget. The other 2 have trade-offs between one another. Raw power on OnePlus 5 with better software skin and greater internal storage. Better camera and water resistance on LG G6. OnePlus 5 is GSM only so would not work if you are on Verizon or Sprint. Pixel is available at a discount if you look around but I would avoid it right now. Pixel 2 should be here soon and at that point original Pixel will get a solid price drop.

Back