• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Next step in 1st time OC process.

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
1,981
e8500 rev C0 currently running 3.4 on Asus P5Q-E, with 4 gig Gskill DDR2 800 pc6400 timings 5-5-5-15...

I have read through the guide and googled a bunch on different settings, found a few people who had similiar setups but not the exactly one with the listed things....right now it is running stable and idling around 42 with real temp.

My goal is 4.0, I'll see about 4.2 after that but right now 4.0 is the goal. I just tried to raise my FSB to 420 mhz with everything else set on auto and it crashed upon loading Vista 64. I increased voltage to 1.31 and it did the same. Is my next step to change the memory voltage and speed? My MB sets it to 1.8 but the specs on it are 1.8-1.9V so I don't think I have much room to play with. Still a bit unsure about the memory settings, and a little of the whole process...point me in the right direction.
 
When you upped the FSB did you check/change the memory divider? Link the memory 1:1 with the FSB if you haven't already, as the board might be trying to apply a divider. You should also be able to go up to 2.0V on the memory voltage without trouble.
 
I can't find it in my bios wehre to link the memory to 1:1....right now in FSB it says it's 5:6 dram running at 1.9 volts. I tried to run it again with my fsb at 420 and memory link it was like 1010mz but vista wouldn't load...
 
I can't find it in my bios wehre to link the memory to 1:1....right now in FSB it says it's 5:6 dram running at 1.9 volts. I tried to run it again with my fsb at 420 and memory link it was like 1010mz but vista wouldn't load...

That's your problem then - you are significantly overclocking the memory, no chance of that working at only 1.9 volts. I don't have that board, but looking at some screenshots in a review, it looks like it should be "DRAM Frequency" in the System Performance Settings page of the BIOS. You might also need to adjust FSB Strap to North Bridge - not sure what that one does.
 
Back
Top