Next major upgrade?

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
What should my next major upgrade be?

1. Intel 3.2Cghz 800mhz fsb ( switching from intel p4 2.6cghz )
2. BFG/eVGA 6800 GT 256mb ( switching from Sapphire 9800 Pro 128mb )
3. 19" Viewsonic P series CRT ( switching from 17" compaq 1280x1024@60hz max )
 
Video card if you plan on playing Doom 3 and newer games.

If not, monitor.
 
Well doom 3 is the only one im *really* looking forward to. I have my card clocked at 485/760 so im sure it wont have a problem with a extra 105mhz on the core and 40 on the memory :D I guess im looking forward to Half Life 2 also, but that game was shown on a 9800p, so no worries there. Come to think of it, the only thing i need is a new moniter...hm..
 
Are you kidding me? that has to be the easiest choice ever.

Why buy a $400 video card when your monitor looks like shit

get a new monitor
a nice big NEC-Mitsubishi / Viewsonic
 
So the viewsonic 19" is a good choice? Its gonna cost me around 285$ = ( Should be worth it htough right?
 
well i don't know much about the Viewsonics, i tried one of the 19" ones, didn't like it too muc, but that was just me

if you're looking for something around that pricerange i would say either that or an NEC FE990.
I know i'm a little biased but i've used quite a few 19"s and the FE990 is the best bang for the buck
once again, my opinion
 
I'd get a monitor. A 17" would make me twitch uncontrollably. Hell, I get clausterphobic working on a machine with just one 21" monitor. A 17" would be even worse.
 
Back
Top