Next Headset Up for Review - HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The next headset we are going to be covering is not wireless, and is not 7.1, but it does hit the $100 price point. The Cloud Alpha's claim to fame is its "Dual Chamber Drivers." On the upside, it looks like this one will not require much adjust for the melon-heads among us.

Check out the video.

More chambers for less distortion - With one chamber for bass and a separate one for mids and highs, HyperX Cloud Alpha provides more distinction between sounds and minimizes distortion.

I had a hyperX headset, I was pretty fond of it.

Well, right up until I ripped the cables out of it with the vacuum cleaner...

The HyperX Cloud 2 is about $100 new too, is the Alpha better?

I have the HyperX Cloud 2, liked it so much I bought a second one refurbished on HyperX's Ebay site. Looks and works like new though the only issue is the refurbished does not come with velour ear cups which are like pillows on my ears so I bought a set on HyperX's website.

I think you'll like these, I recently bought a set of really love them. They're about the most comfortable I've used and the sound quality is great. I had been using a set of Sennheiser HD558's for a couple years and while they're excellent, I do like the Alphas better. Hard to beat for $100.

Really appreciate these reviews Kyle. Keep'em coming.

Very nice review and a good price for what they are. I myself use a DT-880 with a modmic5 and love it, but might think about these alphas for the wife since she is just using a set of xbox ones lol.

How do you like the pads while wearing in hot summer?

My "gaming room" runs fairly cool so I've not had a problem with them at all. They're pretty lightweight and I've worn them for several hours straight a few times with no problems or complaints.

How do you like the pads while wearing in hot summer?

I have the Could II's, run the pleather pads, and I never have issues with my ears/head getting warm in them, my small office/game room will get up to about 78-80* or so during summer. I also wear them when I mow/weed-eat the yard (maybe 2-2.5 hours total), and on a nice hot/humid Iowa day like this past weekend (90* something with what felt like 90% humidity), I'm still very comfortable in them, never had to remove them mid-mow for discomfort reasons.

Had mine for 2 years or so now, still going strong, I absolutely love the headset.

I use this combo instead of gaming headsets. Unfortunately it misses the $100 price point by way too much :(

QuiR2W3.jpg

I prefer the HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Mega Deluxe multi-tool Combo headset-toothpick-garden hose version myself....

Seriously, who the hell comes up with these names...

I have the Could II's, run the pleather pads, and I never have issues with my ears/head getting warm in them, my small office/game room will get up to about 78-80* or so during summer. I also wear them when I mow/weed-eat the yard (maybe 2-2.5 hours total), and on a nice hot/humid Iowa day like this past weekend (90* something with what felt like 90% humidity), I'm still very comfortable in them, never had to remove them mid-mow for discomfort reasons.

Had mine for 2 years or so now, still going strong, I absolutely love the headset.
The pleather on HyperX will last long? I have seen many (other brands though) with the "outer skin" that just flakes

Back