Next Generation Gaming: Fight Night. *pics*

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
RUMOR: Next Gen Fight Night Images Appear

Recently a visitor from the EA Games LA Office at OSU visited the owner of the site Gabosgab for a sneak peak as to what EA plans for the next generation of gaming. Apparently this visitor talks about EA and their Madden 2007 title for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 2, inspired by a past commercial simulation which was meant for laughs, turned into something they are aiming for.

Images were shown that claim to be test renders of the next generation Fight Night, which are believed to be built around the same graphic engine thats being used for Madden 2007, since EA tends to recycle its graphic engines for long periods of time.

Finally, the images can be seen below:
front0lr.jpg

left6wj.jpg

right2nt.jpg

There is no scheduled release date for this game, nor is there any confirmation that these renderings will be similar to the final product. As we're not accustomed to posting rumors, this one is catching a lot of talk of authenticity, which we couldnt pass up. As of right now we'll deem this news closer to True (Which could change in the near future.).

We'll keep you updated as more news around this subject can be confirmed.
http://www.psinext.com/itex.php?iid=497

...if that is legit, all i gotta say is..
:eek: .

But this is a console we are talking about. It is a no no to say anything good about a console in this PC fan boy forum.

Assuming this is real, I'm going to treat it like the "screenshots" of GT3 A-Spec: ultimately, the game didn't wind up looking as advertised.

I bet 5 bucks, thats not even a screen shot from the game engine... its most likley a screen shot of a 3d cut scene. That is way to high ploy for any console system, and even PC for that matter, thats gotta be a at least 10,000 ploys in there which is over the limit of most full models, body and all. In the ear alone, theres gotta be 300 triangles alone. Don't get your hopes up.

pistola said:
I bet 5 bucks, thats not even a screen shot from the game engine... its most likley a screen shot of a 3d cut scene. That is way to high ploy for any console system, and even PC for that matter, thats gotta be a at least 10,000 ploys in there which is over the limit of most full models, body and all. In the ear alone, theres gotta be 300 triangles alone. Don't get your hopes up.
its all speculation, but from what ive seen in the Unreal engine 3 stuff, i dont see why this stuf wouldnt be possible.

about the polies, they could have used some form of normal mapping to make it look more detailed than it actually is.
take this for example:

aprox 5k polies
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/character_creation2.jpg

with a source mesh of 2mil. polies
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/character_creation1.jpg

making it look more detailed w/ normal mapping
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/character_creation3.jpg

developers have been using this method for a while now so i dont see why they couldnt use it for next gen hardware. taking the above pics in consideration, and that they ran on current day hardware in real time (low fps i know, but it still ran), i dont see why its not possible on next generation hardware/consoles..

another example..
http://www.nofrag.com/screenshots/actualite/2004-08-03_2.jpg
i really dont see why it couldnt happen.

but like i said, its just all speculation until these companies start saying somthing :p

pistola said:

well this is for next gen consoles, ps3, xbox 2, so its most likely in game graphics

Bad_Boy said:
its all speculation, but from what ive seen in the Unreal engine 3 stuff, i dont see why this stuf wouldnt be possible.

about the polies, they could have used some form of normal mapping to make it look more detailed than it actually is.
take this for example:

aprox 5k polies
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/character_creation2.jpg

with a source mesh of 2mil. polies
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/character_creation1.jpg

making it look more detailed w/ normal mapping
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/character_creation3.jpg

developers have been using this method for a while now so i dont see why they couldnt use it for next gen hardware. taking the above pics in consideration, and that they ran on current day hardware in real time (low fps i know, but it still ran), i dont see why its not possible on next generation hardware/consoles..

another example..
http://www.nofrag.com/screenshots/actualite/2004-08-03_2.jpg
i really dont see why it couldnt happen.

but like i said, its just all speculation until these companies start saying somthing :p

Im a 3d animator/modeler, so I got a well trianed eye, and I know what I see. Those shots are high ploy count, not normal maped, although they are using some bump mapping to get that nice skin texture. As for the Unreal 3.0 engine, that is low ploy with normal maps from a high ploy referance model, it looks good, but I can see that its low ploy. That unreal 3.0 engine is gonna blow the head off of game graphics.

actually, you can tell they skimped on ear detail, and everything else is within the bounds.

the background may be flat though. like the orb glare demo for dx9 cards.

omega-x said:
actually, you can tell they skimped on ear detail, and everything else is within the bounds.

the background may be flat though. like the orb glare demo for dx9 cards.
Maybe a little, but its still too smoothed out to fit in the low ploy category, and its certainly not normal mapped.

ploy01.jpg

This is from unreal 3.0, you can see that in the higy ploy ref model that shoulder peice is a pretty hard edge shaped, on the low ploy game model, the shape is much less coplex and not nearly as hard edged. When you see the final product, you see that the shape is there even with the normal map, thats cause normal maps fake ploys in essance and try to affect light accordingly. Normal maps are not perfect, they can't make something out of nothing which is why that shoulder peice doen't work out correctly.

ploy02.jpg

Now on this model, in order to be a low ploy game model with normal mapping, that ear would have look much differant that it does. That is with out a doubt high ploy model, the way that ear effects the light, that tells me its all model and not normal maps. Thats my opinion.

What im saying is, i still dont see why you say thats not possible to be shots from a in game/engine rendering. Like i said if they are able to put that level of detail in the unreal engine i dont see why its not possible for next gen. I know what normal mapping is, i was just giving and example of how it would be possible to have high detail in something low poly (as you said the head model had to be 10k polies). its speculation on the number of polies but i know they wouldnt just waste them when they could use them in other places. We dont even know what the engine is capable of so why say it cant run it?

like i said from this example
2004080325yd.jpg

this doesnt par up with that "fight night head" but it is certainly impressive, anyway..
the ear isnt really different from the head from the "fight night test render", just the one from the "fight night test render" is a bit higher poly it looks, so i dont really get your point on the ear. I never said it HAD to be normal mapped but it is possible to make normal mapping look that good if you know how to use it correctly. I just said that normal mapping techniques have been used alot recently so i wouldnt be surprized if they are using them in future generation of games to save polies. there could have been normal mapping used around the mouth, the eye area, bumps in his face, or not used at all, we dont know, i was just giving an example.

You are the one who said
That is way to high ploy for any console system
, and i was just arguing to that statment. We really dont know what next generation consoles are capable of. I'll admit the possibility of it being a 3d pre-render from some nice program and not an engine, but i also admit it could be in real time in some future game engine. It could be either, we just dont know, but im just saying that model looks about as complex as the ones shown by Epic games at the nvidia conference with a few differences. for all we know this could be another render from EA on what they "think" next gen games will look like. remember the madden one that came out a while back....
madden7hh.jpg
or those videos from microsoft a while back with the car crashing into the wall like 20 times for example. All im saying is, that its possible.

I've modeled in the past also, so i have an eye for things too. ;)
btw, nice circles + arrows :p

Bad_Boy said:
I've modeled in the past also, so i have an eye for things too. ;)
btw, nice circles + arrows :p

HaHa, thanks quick photohoping, right thurrr. You have a point, I really didn't take into consideration that this would be next gen consoles, my bad. But I'm still skeptical about it, I don't understand how the "next-gen hardware" would be able to render characters that are that high res. Guess we will see, I hope im wrong.

im kind of dreading the next gen of consoles cuz i'll have to buy all three as soon as they come out. :) that'll equal 1500 at least here in canada.

mr.fishie said:
im kind of dreading the next gen of consoles cuz i'll have to buy all three as soon as they come out. :) that'll equal 1500 at least here in canada.

... Sydney is in Australia pal... not Canada...

Bane said:
Who died and made you Rand McNally :p

rand mcnally is a place where people walk on their hands and hamburgers eat people...
cant remember where i heard it, but im pretty sure you can take it as fact.

bealzz said:
rand mcnally is a place where people walk on their hands and hamburgers eat people...
cant remember where i heard it, but im pretty sure you can take it as fact.
Simpsons?

Not trying to hijack the thread, that was just driving me crazy.

Back