Next GEneration ATI/Nvidia Info...

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
What's up with ATI/NVidia so tight lipped? I can't hardly find any info on the next gen of cards (which I'm eagerly waiting to buy) except that they'll be out in the 'spring'.

Why not let this thread be the place for all info related to Nvidia and ATI's rumour mill and info links? I'd sure appreciate any more info than I have atm.

Cheers!

It's because ATI/Nvidia is 10 steps ahead of us. There probably done with the next gen cards and already working on newer technology. They can't wait to take our money.........

I doubt they're already finished.

But they proabbly already have enough done to release the specs.

They're proabbly wokring on reference design and tweaking ATM.

Chipmakers usually wait for the big tradeshows before making announcements. It used to be Comdex, but nowadays they can come from CES or gaming conferences. If you find the physical chip at the tradeshow, its usually only a couple months behind before it hits the shelf. If they have paper brochures of it... Well, it can be a very long wait.

I'm sure ATi's next gen .15 is probably already finished in a lab somewhere. Intels 775 pin (should I say pin or stub?) processor has already been seen.

I'm anxious to see what Nvidia counterpunches with. They Need a big winner this year IMO or they are going to start losing respect.

the 64 bit came out during quakecon i believe.

or osmething to that effect. when we were volunteering the hancho's couldn't legally tell us about the computers the tourney's were using until midnight that night.

at any rate, yeah i bet they've already got the next next generation on the drawing board.

THat's amazing, this clamp down of information. They must be super paranoid about each others products to keep their lips sealed so tightly.

Think about it, every next gen card previously we've heard about well in advance to get the juices going...now it's completely different.

I wonder what changed...anyway, I'll post anything I read here concerning the next gen cards. From what I keep reading in maximum pc and cpu mag, it's just 'spring' release, at which time I'm sure we'll be deluged in info.

Cheers!

Back