Next Gen Xbox 360 Or Fake?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is this the latest version of the Xbox 360? Or is this just an elaborate fake? Engadget is down but the folks at Kotaku have all the info and pictures from the original article.

Engadget has posted a picture of what they are saying is the second Xbox 360, codenamed Zephyr. How is it different from the original? Well the biggest change is the HDMI port, allowing for full 1080p. The second change is the much awaited 120GB hard drive. No word yet on whether the system will come with a built-in HD DVD drive or not. Indeed there is no official word from Microsoft about the system at all.

I believe this. I'ts been long anticipated that the xbox would have a larger drive in the future, so to compete with the Wii and the PS3, I wouldn't be suprised if they tossed in a large drive and HDMI. Suposedly it's rumored to be more targeted towards media entertainment units.

I wish they would make their units black.

the only way that i would get this, is if microsoft would let me trade in my xbox 360 for one of these newer ones, because i would love to have digital input from my 360, and also 1680x1050 support, but im fine with the current 1360x768 or w/e that res is.

but other than that, i really hope that this is really true, also, a note to anyone with a xbox 360 currently, don't use the intercooler, because i just tried taking mine off, and the intercooler was GLUED to my power connector, i guess it got hot enough to melt the glue that they use to secure the wires in place, and it leaked into the middle opening with the opening/closing arms of the connector, and it took me about 15mins to pry it out of there, i was afraid it wasnt going to work after i got all of the glue out, and plugged it directly into my 360.

This kinda pisses me off. Just brought my 360 too. I hope there is some sort of trade in or something. It probably has the 65nm processor in it to. That HDMI port would be nice..

I hope the rumors are true. Also, I didn't see it mentioned on Kotaku, but rumor has it that the updated version will take care of the overheating issues by moving from the 90nm processor to a 65nm. This should clear up a lot of technical issues that everyone seems to have with the power hungry, space heating console. That, and a bigger hard drive, would be nice additions, along with a lower price ;) . Honestly, as an owner of all the last gen consoles, the 360 is shaping up to be the one "next gen" I buy first, simply because I do not dig the Wii's gimmicky controls), and the PS3 is simply too expensive.

sparky: About the Intercooler: Isn't that the one that you plug in line with the 360? I heard that those will ruin your 360 more than anything, because the console cannot draw the necessary power. Good thing you took it off (the melting thing sounds bad too lol). The usb based cooler should be ok to use though, because the draw from the usb ports should have been taken into consideration when they engineered the 360, unlike the intercooler's leech thing it has going on.

Same here, just got mine on 12-26. In regards to the hd, i dont see why they wouldnt offer an upgrade. But yeah we'll end up losing money by jumping on these things early.

For that many extra features, they would have to charge more than the current premium. If not, then I'll be really ticked.

Well, this is an ongoing story, we broke news on this last year and there have been rumblings for months about the HDMI port and the 120GB hard drives.

No doubt the drives will be offered separately, which (like the HD-DVD drive) is a smart move. Gamers that don't need it aren't forced to buy it, gamers like me tat want to put 2 seasons of TV shows and a couple HD movies on my drive will spring for the extra large drive. The size of the 120GB drive will trump Sony's 60GB drive and it will be optional.

Having said that, this is what I know FOR SURE:

The question isn't "IF"

The question is "WHEN"

Back