Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Many prizes in a row with an ongoing contest

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
I have funds, of a level that I've never had to work with.

I want to see what you all think.

Have a single HUGE prize after a big folding sign up

Have two big prizes, each with their own contest

Have two prizes, with one contest

Have many smaller (but still a good amount) prizes over the course of a multi-month fold off.
-The idea being open registration for the contest, but to win the current prize you will have needed to fold for 30 days.

Or do you have another Idea?

It needs to be one contest with many prizes. I'm thinking like at least 5 or 6. If people think they have a better chance to win then they're more likely to give it a shot.

With dookey on this I think that would have the biggest pull

Many prizes? Ongoing contest?

Kinda sounds like evga bucks. right? I went ahead and tried picking this option.

Originally wanted one or two big prizes... but with lots (100+ [up to 800?]) people probably entering or participating... that's a lot of people who try hard and get nothing.

More little prizes, all the time... sounds a bit more fun to me. that's my two cents.

Kendrak, let me know if you need anything, I got some extra funds sitting around as well I can toss in the pot. I went with many prizes option ;)

I want folders for team 33.

New, existing, and re-starting.

all of the above sounds awesome, also i'd happily lend my skills and add a custom plasma cut "[h]ardprize" to the pot :3

I also agree with a big contest with many prizes. That will give better odds of winning something and hopefully attract more people because of that.

If we are going to setup a fund for the prize pool, I would certainly donate to it :)

Let me know if you need anything, I may have it laying around if not there is always $$$$ :)

I voted many but it really does not matter to me any contest will draw folders to the cause.;)

So how would winners be decided? The amount of points gained from folding?

Nope, as always Kyle would pull a random post number.

So someone folding the minimum 4k ppd or another doing 400k ppd have the same chance for winning.

Nope, as always Kyle would pull a random post number.

So someone folding the minimum 4k ppd or another doing 400k ppd have the same chance for winning.

Ok, I was about to say it would be a little rigged if it was by points. Need to get a switch so I can ICS my folding machine and get started :).

Ok, I was about to say it would be a little rigged if it was by points. Need to get a switch so I can ICS my folding machine and get started :).

Yeh. There was a bunch of talk when we first started these up.

Every bit helps. Those who can fold big. Those that can't fold what they have. It all goes to finding the cure.

Back