Next AMD and Nvidia cards?

TheCommander

2[H]4U
I plan on buying a new GFX card for a gaming system so am wondering what are the next AMD and Nvidia cards and if they will be around anytime soon?

NVIDIA already released new stuff. We're still waiting on AMD, and the ETA is unknown.

Yeah, nvidia has released the 770 and 780, and some 760 stuff has leaked. No real info on the HD 8xxx series other then a couple leaks with not to much info.

I might make the switch back to AMD with the 8000 series based on the next-gen consoles all using AMD but am taking a wait and see approach...will be interesting to see what the 8000 series brings and how it compares to the Nvidia 700 series

AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series - ETA Q3/Q4 2013

Nvidia Maxwell GTX 800 Series - ETA Q2 2014 (most likely)

Do we reckon that the new AMD stuff will be out in time for BF4? End of October.

I have 2560x1440 and GTX580 in SLI, wondering if I'll need to upgrade to get max settings on BF4.
I'd like to go single card again but I don;t think a 780 will be much better than 2x580s, unless anyone can prove to me otherwise!

Do we reckon that the new AMD stuff will be out in time for BF4? End of October.

I have 2560x1440 and GTX580 in SLI, wondering if I'll need to upgrade to get max settings on BF4.
I'd like to go single card again but I don;t think a 780 will be much better than 2x580s, unless anyone can prove to me otherwise!

Putting it this way. I wouldn't be surprised if it's before or after BF4. I can completely see AMD dropping the 8970 bomb in September or even October, then throughout Q4 '13 and Q1 '14 pushing out the other cards as the 20nm process picks up (given it'll be Volcanic Island based and not the defunct Sea Islands).

At the same time I can see AMD sticking to the end of year or beginning of new year release of the 8970 with the other cards to follow. At this point they aren't really in a rush and quite honestly are being held back by the 20nm process. The sooner the better, but it really depends on what that sooner really is.

If it's the Volcanic Island rumors we've heard, shit let it come when AMD is capable of mass producing it because that card could be sick if even a fraction of the rumors are true. If it ends up being a Sea Islands extremely long 28nm delayed refresh of the Radeon HD 7xxx Series. Well, they're already screwed in the market now and September would be pushing it not dropping some kind of rebuttal.

The problem is nobody knows whats going on at AMD right now. They are not hurting financially from the long delay in a new product because of the bundles, but eventually that will tap out and if the next product isn't stellar it can backfire in the long run for AMD.

We just don't know yet....

Dont be soo performance power hungry man it will be fine :D

I might make the switch back to AMD with the 8000 series based on the next-gen consoles all using AMD but am taking a wait and see approach...will be interesting to see what the 8000 series brings and how it compares to the Nvidia 700 series

I don't think it will mean much. 2-3 years after consoles are released PC hardware will have moved on so I imagine effort to optimize games for both brand's newer hardware will be roughly equal.

Back