Newzbin2 Shuts Down Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I tried using Binsearch to the same end, but it returns some funky results lately. For some reason, there have been tons more binaries that are aren't complete....like 30Mb when you know they should be much more. I halfway thought it was little MPAA birdies and what not loading incomplete binaries to screw with everyone lol

Keep in mind Binsearch only hits a portion of available index's so it can return really odd results because its scope is limited at times.

Nzbmatrix was great because it brought together so many index's in an easy to use web interface. The single best solution for Nzbmatrix's replacement is to build an indexing machine yourself but it will require an ISP without bandwidth caps (if you want a big , reliable list you'll be grabbing hundreds of Gigabytes of material).

Just wait a few weeks or so though and a real solution will present its-self.

I think nzb.su went down unless they changed their domain to something else now.

Yes, it did. I had a lifetime friend account, and invites were disabled once registrations closed, even for me. Now the website is down. I know the owner is not someone who would risk a lawsuit.

The fact that nzbrus ONLY allows bitcoins is a good thing IMO. It's not a public site, plus it takes a bitcoin to pay for. That should hopefully keep it under control for sometime.

Yes, it did. I had a lifetime friend account, and invites were disabled once registrations closed, even for me. Now the website is down. I know the owner is not someone who would risk a lawsuit.

I see you're not very good at the internet.

Try nzb.su/login

youre welcome

Nzbmatrix was great because it brought together so many index's in an easy to use web interface. The single best solution for Nzbmatrix's replacement is to build an indexing machine yourself but it will require an ISP without bandwidth caps (if you want a big , reliable list you'll be grabbing hundreds of Gigabytes of material).

Just wait a few weeks or so though and a real solution will present its-self.

I thought about doing that as I don't have caps on my internet, but I'm just reading some of the maintenance issues some are having. I'm not sure if I want that headache, however, if push comes to shove....at any rate there are so few things I get and Binsearch grabs them for them for the time being. I'm sure something will present itself as well. NZBMatrix was just nice because the layout let you see stuff you never knew existed. I actually ended up buying a few movies I downloaded and watched because it had a high hit count. I'm not sure I would have known otherwise.

guys tons of new index sites are showing up and are still open for new membership, they also provide your own API if you're one that needs it for sickbeard, coachpotato, headphones etc.

https://nzbs.chica.be/
https://www.nzbzombie.com/
https://nzbx.co/ (being run by reddit members looks like its going to rock when they have everything going )
https://www.usenet-crawler.com/
http://xxxgoat.org (empty at the moment)
https://www.nzbsrus.com Good old nzbrus still open for new members however you need bitcoins to get vip access, API broken so can't used it sickbeard etc.
http://newznzb.wz.cz/public/browse.php a mess at the moment, broken forums, categories etc but they do have preDB script running. I seen releases show up hours before any other index site. Even faster than what nzbmatrix ever did

It's not quite the same, but I decided to go down the newznab route and installed a virtual Ubuntu system and got it up and working. Not worried about backfills, and so far it has been working pretty well to grab latest TV episodes through Sickbeard. If I want a movie, I just rent it from RedBox, no use chewing up my bandwidth just to save a buck every now and then. TV on the other hand, if I can find a 300-400 MB version of one of my wife's shows, that lets me clear off 1 to 7 GB of recording, depending on if she was recording the SD or HD version on the HTPC.

If I need something older, I guess I will either wait to see what else appears on the scene, use one of the remaining public indexers, or resort to binsearch :(

@farscapesg1:

How much bandwidth is it chewing up per month without the backfills?

@farscapesg1:

Not sure.. just set it up this weekend... multiple times ;) Not much of a Linux guy and kept managing to bork the install somehow.

Theoretically, there is a torrent of NZB files floating around somewhere that you can import to fill in a good chunk of the backfill...

It also doesn't help that I've still been downloading TV eps during the process, so getting an accurate bandwidth is even more difficult. It may end up being too much though, unless I switch from residential Comcast to a business account ;)

So, what's the problem with Bitcoins (other than having to to physically go to a store to do a money gram)?

Nzbrus seems pretty cool... I haven't seen anything else looking around that really compares to it (and is open).

Newsleecher supersearch is pretty horrible for just trying to look around and see what was on TV last night. It's great if you know exactly what you're looking for though. Mostly my wife just horks up the DVR so I'm forced to download shows that I watch. I've always used videoeta.com to keep an eye on what movies are coming out.

6oez4z.jpg

@farscapesg1:

OK, I'm going to have to really watch it over the next couple days. I've paused all downloading activity today and it looks like just pulling the headers for groups related to TV, Movies, and Audiobooks is using up about 4GB bandwidth a day. That seems extremely high to me, and if it turns out to actually be accurate I don't see myself continuing to use it. That would be approximately 120GB a month just for the headers. While Comcast currently has their datacap disabled, I'm sure they will bring it back sometime.

Of course, I guess I could always "upgrade" to the business class connection. 16/3 vs my current 20/4.... but actually unlimited bandwith as far as I know....

Might as well get on the bandwagon, have not found anything I liked yet. Tried to register first day matrix went down and never got he confirmation.

I would really appreciate an invite.

I'll take an invite if any one has any.. Thanks.. Always used this to get my over seas movies they don't release in the us. Hate they keep taken these down. How good is newzleechers super search? I have been using newzleecher forever actally paid for it. But never tried superseach.

So I singed up for the deal that Newsleecher has right now. It's 8.95 a month till march 2013 and then goes to 12.95..But that comes with the newest newzleecher, super search and usnernet unlimited with 30 connections. I'm pulling 3.65 meg down no problems with a 30x5 connection. And super search seams to work pretty well for me.. They even have a free 14 day trial for all those services..Granted it's got a 14gig cap. I down load like 1tb a month easy lol so I just went ahead and paid. I work for my ISP so no caps :)

I had asked previously, but it got buried, but if someone has an invite to nzbs.chica.be I would appreciate it.

OK, I'm going to have to really watch it over the next couple days. I've paused all downloading activity today and it looks like just pulling the headers for groups related to TV, Movies, and Audiobooks is using up about 4GB bandwidth a day. That seems extremely high to me, and if it turns out to actually be accurate I don't see myself continuing to use it. That would be approximately 120GB a month just for the headers. While Comcast currently has their datacap disabled, I'm sure they will bring it back sometime.

Of course, I guess I could always "upgrade" to the business class connection. 16/3 vs my current 20/4.... but actually unlimited bandwith as far as I know....

Uggg, so watching it for a couple days without any additional downloading and it's averaging 5 GB per day to grab the headers on about 20 groups. Really looking like running my own indexer isn't going to be in the cards, so if anyone's got an invite to check out this nzbs.chica.be site I would be interested. Otherwise, I think I can rely on Sickbeard's own indexer option to grab my TV...

Guys nzb chica is nothing to be excited is right along the lines of nzbzombie.com (still open to new users) or usenet-crawler.com (also open). The closest thing you're going to get to nzbmatrix it's nzbsrus which is still open. However regular users can't download a single nzb you must be a VIP member (payment is done via bitcoins) and their API is broken. So if you depend on sickbeard, headphones, coachpotato to pull releases forget it you can't used nzbrus for this. With that I just send 3 invites to chica I will send another 3 to the last 3 people.

Everyone here's a couple of more sites open to new members, hands down the best ones I found (on par or better than chica.be , nzbzombie etc)

http://keymou.com (movies and tv shows only HD and SD)
http://nzbtv.net/ (everything)
http://www.nzb7.com/ (everything)

Sign up for all of them better to have a dozen or so sites to depend on than to put all your eggs in one basket. I have sickbeard, coachpotato, & headphones with 12 different index sites just in case :D

sent invites for chica to killian133, annihilator3001, eth3ton, ravx25, Veedo, and a few others :cool:

forgot to say the people that joined Chica, donate if you can you get VIP access (all restrictions lifted) and its a one time donation, do it before paypal comes crashing down on them and its back to the stone age (bitcoins) :p

thanks for the sites sickboy. i signed up for them. I guess if chica is similar i could take an invite for that.

Wouldn't mind to check out chica either if someone would be so kind to toss an invite

not sure if this has been posted but got this when trying to goto nzbmatrix today. ans i was a paid premium member too :(

The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...

old news jadams nzbmztrix calling it quits was the reason this thread came back to life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back