Newzbin2 Shuts Down Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also http://nzb.su/ but you need invites (I could use one too). If anyone has any other sites they can float me an invite to, mucho gracias in advance.

*sigh*. I 've been using usenet for 20 years now and it's a real shame....

I could use an invite as well. I saw this quickly this morning but didn't have a chance to search for a new indexer. Shoot me a PM please if you have an invite to nzb.su or to nzbs,chica.be. Thanks in advance!

I literally just paid for a membership to nzbmatrix, and now its gone... sigh.

Well now you've got me curious, I would like an invite as well if anyone has one. Thanks.

Thinking hard about getting an ipredator account, it's no more than I'm paying for usenet...

If anyone gets an invite to spare please PM me. NZBMatrix going down is a shame :(

I hate to follow the trend here and ask for an invite, but I am another NZBmatrix user that lost out. Bought premium a while back so I'm not sad about that at least. Will pay forward what I can :)

I am another NZBMatrix user that lost out and needs an invite if anyone would be so kind :(.

I was shocked when I logged in to check their DB on sunday to see that it was down :(. My GF was very upset as well.

Also just paid for matrix VIP access, need an alternative if anyone has any invites to any.

27711934.jpg

Everyone in this thread is forgetting about the first rule of usenet. :p

Also, almost all the indexers have shut down their registration and revoked invites of most people. So good luck;). Much easier to build your own though.....*cough cough*

Everyone in this thread is forgetting about the first rule of usenet. :p

I'm taking for granted your tongue sticking out emoticon means your being facetious. Otherwise, your kidding right? It's not the like the MPAA and RIAA aren't fully aware of it at this point. I don't see how they have the right to take down indexing sights since they don't actually warehouse the files, but they have money (and lots of it) so politicians and lawyers will swing wildly with them.

I'm taking for granted your tongue sticking out emoticon means your being facetious. Otherwise, your kidding right? It's not the like the MPAA and RIAA aren't fully aware of it at this point. I don't see how they have the right to take down indexing sights since they don't actually warehouse the files, but they have money (and lots of it) so politicians and lawyers will swing wildly with them.

Oh yea definitely, cat was out of the bag a long time ago. It'd be interesting to see MPAA/RIAA to try and stop NewzNab as in try to actively stop development and distribution of it. Hell, they tried it with BitTorrent. Though I'm not sure if NZB downloaders such as SAbNZBD have ever faced legal threats, would be curious to find out.

I can't help but wonder if this will make Usenet a little better to use as I'm guessing MPAA/RIAA are going after the big indexers to make it harder for your average Joe to get stuff but if people begin running their own underground NZB indexers, could once again give Usenet the low profile it used to enjoy, aka being something only the geeks and tech savvy know about.

Oh yea definitely, cat was out of the bag a long time ago. It'd be interesting to see MPAA/RIAA to try and stop NewzNab as in try to actively stop development and distribution of it. Hell, they tried it with BitTorrent. Though I'm not sure if NZB downloaders such as SAbNZBD have ever faced legal threats, would be curious to find out.

I can't help but wonder if this will make Usenet a little better to use as I'm guessing MPAA/RIAA are going after the big indexers to make it harder for your average Joe to get stuff but if people begin running their own underground NZB indexers, could once again give Usenet the low profile it used to enjoy, aka being something only the geeks and tech savvy know about.

I hope so too. I think this will weed out the casual user who barely knows enough to use it, causing problems for a host of other people.

NZBmatrix was great, easy to use....but too accessible to the masses. Now where's my invite? lol :D

Just threw together an ubuntu/newznab VM to play around with. Guess I'll have to grab my old ESXi server from work and bring it home to host it.

Just threw together an ubuntu/newznab VM to play around with. Guess I'll have to grab my old ESXi server from work and bring it home to host it.

I just finish setting up newznab (with errors of course fixing them as we speak) what other choice do we have people! :(

newznab!? im using supersearch and binsearch and one other one i found that also sux ;) forgot tho as im at work now

I just finish setting up newznab (with errors of course fixing them as we speak) what other choice do we have people! :(

Documentation for newznab isn't very in-depth. Hardly any releases show up in mine after updating binaries and releases. Trying a backfill again.

Documentation for newznab isn't very in-depth. Hardly any releases show up in mine after updating binaries and releases. Trying a backfill again.

tell me about i finally manage to fix the problems I was having documentation is either lacking or missing steps. Anyways just started php update_binaries.php looks like its going to take a few hours ;_;

Any suggestions on the best way to get into a private indexing site? Seems that if you don't know someone, you are kind of screwed....

yup id pay money for a site.. so lazy and need my tv shows. work and work outs suck with out them ;(

if anyone has a dognzb or nzb.su invite please pm me. Would appreciate and make good use of it.

I think nzb.su went down unless they changed their domain to something else now.

If your looking for a viable alternative , head to nzbsrus. They require VIP status through a donation and they only accept bitcoins but they have 1200 days retention (and its going up) and look very promising.

Nzbmatrix being gone so suddenly sucks big time but its very easily to start another indexing site so give it a few weeks to a month and something will pop up that will fit the bill.

Yeah, I may look into indexing myself. I would have to build a small box for it though to Linux on as my two machines I use most of the time have just Windows. Just more a pain than anything. It's better in the long run I know though.

i use predb.com to search for releases i might want. Then I use binsearch or nzbindex.nl to find the release. nzbindex is pretty good because you can set minimum size and if you find it on predb then you know the min size and it will cut out most of the bad stuff

Yeah I tried using Binsearch to the same end, but it returns some funky results lately. For some reason, there have been tons more binaries that are aren't complete....like 30Mb when you know they should be much more. I halfway thought it was little MPAA birdies and what not loading incomplete binaries to screw with everyone lol

I haven't used usenet in a long time - is it still worth it? I was about to get back into it for TV shows and movies - set up a little HTPC action... The DVR thing isn't working for me and my wife - she fills the damn thing up so quickly =\ But forums are alive with complaints of DMCA takedowns and NZB indexers getting hit.

1) Can you still find tv shows and movies? Or do you have to "Act fast now" before it's nuked?
2) Are things still generally there "old school style" and it's just these easy to locate NZB indexed files that are getting hit?
3) Are movies mostly the issue these days? (While TV shows are generally available?)
4) Is it worth setting up your own indexer as opposed to doing it old school style? Old school style being manually reading the headers... (I don't mind old school style if it still works - but anything to make my life easier is welcome)
5) Do I need to get an overseas/Dutch provider? Looks like the main US ones (Astra, Giga) these days are gimped with takedowns (or is this overblown hype?) If so who have you been using?
6) Any good forums/IRC rooms/groups out there where I can get up to speed again?

Ya ya - first rule of usenet - Maybe someone can help a brother out and send me a PM? ;)

Thanks,
Kongar

LOL. Pirates crawling outta the woodwork in here. :p

:p Whatevs - my 500+ CDs and > 100 dvds allows me to feel zero remorse. I actually buy plenty of stuff, so ya, I pirate and I DGAF. Paying for stuff is by far the easiest - but when it's not even available, well then, screw em. (still mad at "them" for removing Dexter from Netflix right while I was in the middle of the season) rabble rabble rabble.

1) Can you still find tv shows and movies? Or do you have to "Act fast now" before it's nuked?
2) Are things still generally there "old school style" and it's just these easy to locate NZB indexed files that are getting hit?
3) Are movies mostly the issue these days? (While TV shows are generally available?)
4) Is it worth setting up your own indexer as opposed to doing it old school style? Old school style being manually reading the headers... (I don't mind old school style if it still works - but anything to make my life easier is welcome)
5) Do I need to get an overseas/Dutch provider? Looks like the main US ones (Astra, Giga) these days are gimped with takedowns (or is this overblown hype?) If so who have you been using?
6) Any good forums/IRC rooms/groups out there where I can get up to speed again?

1. Pretty much the one thing I notice the last few months over nzbmatrix was that big movie releases would get remove as soon as they where up, you had a short window to download the release before the DMCA notices where deliver and the release went bye bye. This was the same issue with PS3/Xbox360 releases. As for TV shows they where always available never really saw anything being remove. By the way some of the releases would get posted at least 12 times a day to let people grab missing rars etc.

2. Not sure what you meant but you can always used other methods to get nzb's (binsearch, grabit built in search, supersearch etc)

3. Yeah read answer numero uno :D

4. I spend about a day setting up newznab on a headless ubuntu linux server that currently runs sickbeard, sabnzbd, headphones, plex, serviio. After getting PHP, MySQL,Nginx, &
MediaInfo install & setup it took about a day to pull the binaries from 12 groups. Eventually my database clash for no fucking reason. I pretty much gave up on the idea, it was just taking too long to pull the binaries/releases. Not sure if it was to the low end hardware my linux server runs on or my connection is not fast enough (I'm on Verizon FIOS 150/65Mbps connection :rolleyes:) Also documentation is clearly lacking the current howto is beyond outdated.

5. Can't really answer that I currently used usenetserver (gf place) and frugalusenet (for 5.00 dollars a month at home).

6. https://www.nzbsrus.com/ is still open for business however they do required you to donate in order to get VIP access and access to nzb's. The problem is they only accept bitcoins as payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back