news!

All the talk about ratpadz made me remember I had a super smooth Banshee pad back in the day when redvsblue.com was new. It's unbelievably smooth, glad to put it back into use.
PXL_20220108_013638565.jpg

Last edited:
I actually own a ratpad, but no clue where I've misplaced it. Also have a pair of huge cutting bords I was gonna rout, but got distracted. I know where those are stashed, looking at em right now.

Kyle still has a world of knowledge and industry experience. It will be good to get some of that again via a blog.

FPSReview is pretty decent. I don't check it all the time, but when new hardware comes out I'll definitely read their review.

What I liked about HardOCP was that the GPU tests were done with real-world settings. Not setting everything to max on a GTX 1650 which tells you nothing.

It's good to compare different cards, but doesn't let you know what performance you will actually get if you are using it.

Also the whole "max setting" thing is e-peen. It rarely looks any better than High or Very High and just tanks performance.

Except they stopped doing that in the last few years - most of the last reviews were just cookie-cutter benchmark graphs.

Once that change happened, I found TechPowerUp to be the better review site (because they have so many more games, and do power comparisons on these 400w beasts.)

Your memory is a bit out-of-date; are you wearing thick Rose Colored Glasses?

Right, because people that don't understand how things work complained too much and they caved in. Same people bitching about 4GB.

Right, because people that don't understand how things work complained too much and they caved in. Same people bitching about 4GB.

The problem is, it was hard to explain thins like these " feelings" when each individual person has a different preference for "fast enough" :D

And if they wanted to continue on that train of thought (guesstimates of frame time via observation), they could have followed Tech Report and PCPer and gotten into FCAT (instead of specializing in the VR distraction that finally killed their audience, thank you worthless HardOCP TV)

Last edited:
PC gamers in particular are too fixated on the FPS number. It's not important at all. I want to know if I spend $600 (or more like $1200 today) if I am going to have a good time and feel like the money was well spent. And this is not dependent on the FPS.

Like a few years back, before people understood frame pacing and %1 lows and all that, you had a lot of people that thought SLI/CF was great. I was one of them. I had Tri-SLI GTX 980 at one point. But it ended up being a scam.

Because you look at the FPS and it says 200 and you think you're good. Or you read a review that just shows the average FPS number without taking into account frame time variance and all that. And the FPS is a lie.

Just look at the screen and get a feel for how the game is playing. And then you will see that SLI actually makes the experience far worse, even though FPS doubled. Once I figured this out (when I sold my Vega 64's and got a Radeon VII) I realized everyone's been tricked the whole time.

I also still use a Ratpad, but it IS number 2. The first I bought when it first came out, and it eventually started to warp in the center (it went convex) and the logo wore off the top. The second I bought in like 2006 and its still my primary mouse pad. If they became available again, I'd certainly buy 2 more.

I also still use a Ratpad, but it IS number 2. The first I bought when it first came out, and it eventually started to warp in the center (it went convex) and the logo wore off the top. The second I bought in like 2006 and its still my primary mouse pad. If they became available again, I'd certainly buy 2 more.

I’d buy 10, just to ensure I am never without one in my lifetime again.

On a whim, i looked at mousepads on Amazon for giggles. While my ratpadz has long been lost, the corsair replacement was pretty good. But there seems to be a lot of cloth ones and very few hard ones available. If the Corsair goes me be sad panda…

Back