• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NewPSU (Seasonic) + Old comp

Russ

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
1,875
Hey, some of you may have noticed, but I've ben looking at a new comp for quite a while now. (You can see the thread in my sig.)

However, with M2 on the horizon, I am rethinking my upgrade. I was thinking of simply spending the least I could to get some good ram and a new mobo and getting my socket A system back up and running (and watercooling it). I was wondering if ATX12V PSUs (new stuff), would work on a newly bought socket A mobo? Specifically, the Seasonic S12-500.

Also, in the future when M2 comes out, do you think they will require a new kind of PSU? Or would I still be able to use the Seasonic S12-500?

The reason for all this is that I want to buy as many components for my computer as possible that will transfer over to a new system.
 
The S12-500 will work on an older board you may have to let the extra 4 pins hang off or use an adapter if there are caps or such in the way.

As for the future...........the future is never written and with videocard/cpu power requiremenys it is anyones guess. However, the S12-500 will be more future proof than many other options.
 
Back
Top