• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newly built pc having bootup issues.. Send help!

SandTiger

n00b
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
59
Ok. First off, here are the specs

MOBO: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D nforce 4 non SLI
CPU: A64 3500+ Winchester core
Ram: Generic 1 gig corsair dial kit
Vid: Geforce 6600GT PCIe

Here's the thing, I cant even boot up with the thing. Half the time it gets stuck on the Boot logo. "DFI LANPARTY". Other half the time i get stuck on this window saying "NVIDIA RAID IDE ROM BIOS 4.78...... DETECTING ARRAY...."

Randomly ill get a black screen with a blinking cursor somtimes on bootup. And sometimes It will boot normally, I will boot from a CD rom.. and then after like 30 seconds the computer locks up, it just dies.

I tried unplugging the HD, The DVD burner, the floppy.. does not change anything.

I have yet to try swapping the vid card and swapping the ram. I cant do that till saturday, I need daylight, no good lights to work with at night here at home, and i work tomorrow.

But 90% of the time the mobo will detect the cpu and ram .. for some odd reason 10% of the time it will get hung up on either one of those..

Video card tests fine on bootup, Ram tests the full 1gig on bootup, bios says correct processor (only saw it once, and couldnt find out how to get to that screen again.. heh)

I have built nearly the exact same system about 3 weeks ago. It worked perfectly. So this has me completely stumped.

Any suggestions? Please help! :)

Thanks
-Brian
 
I think ill send them an email, see if they have any suggestions or ideas. Im still stumped

BTW the power supply is an enermax.. its good. 475w or something like that. i dont remember off the top of my head. so its not that
 
Back
Top